Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Yesterday was fun. There was a thing that they called "Arts Happening" at night. The kids from instrumental music and dance and art collaborated and split up into groups and did very interesting presentations all over campus. It was fun. Then a lot of folks went to watch Carlos Fuentes play his "Fantasy" song that he composed while here at GSW. Everybody was blown away and amazed. I was kinda amazed, but I found it kinda chordy and redundant at times. Still, it was way better than anything I could have done. Way to go, Carlos. Then we had an informal discussion about college life for women in our parlor. It was kinda funny. I'm now tired of talking about college. I'll think about it later. Then we watched MSCL. 2nd to last one ever! Ahhh! It was very good. I'm excited and sad about the last one. I can't wait to watch this late at night on Noggin. Until the school year starts.
 
Today was fun too. I guess. Just regular. We went on a walking tour for the "Structural Cracks" agassiz group. We got to play Red Rover for like 2 seconds. I got to go over. And I broke through. Rock on! Then we had Panera in Area 2!!! I had the most awesome Tuna Salad Sandwich ever. And then we discussed our economic systems that we made up, and the one we chose ended up screwing everybody over. Someone who was arrested but not convicted of murder got the most money. It wasn't a very good system. It was almost too unbiased. At least the Panera was good! It was the best meal I've had in a while. I had Fruit Loops for B-fast and Dinner today. That probably isn't healthy. Oops! Then in Charlie's class, I found some more GSW/TWB connections. I love those. After Charlie's, I watched a movie called "No Man's Land." It was funny and depressing all at the same time. Too bad. Now I'm going to go read some Jane Eyre.
 
Word around campus is that our AP scores are back. I don't know mine yet because my parentals are in SC until Wednesday night. So I will be kept waiting until then. But I'm not that curious. It's funny hearing the buzz about school and AP scores and stuff. I find it funny, at least. Ok I must go. Adios!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Whoa(h)... be careful. On the news today they said that Pantera-- I mean Panera Bread in Winston got robbed yesterday. Thieving from bread makers. Completely awful.

Anonymous said...

hey rmma/shmimmy! i hope you are still having fun at gsw!! sorry we never got to see each other while i was in w-s, but i'm glad you could make it up to camp a few times! we really missed you this summer and plan on holding you hostage there next summer... so get excited. hopefully we can talk soon! -lauren