Thursday, July 15, 2004

So I didn't post yesterday. Sorry about that! Yesterday was pretty good. I wasn't as depressed. Classes were classes, and I didn't go to a 4:00 seminar. I did, however, go to a 7:00 seminar. It was: Right & Wrong: 20th Century Philosophical Ethics. It was pretty good. He is a funny guy, and he is easy to understand. (David Bruzina, an area 2 teacher). Then it was time for the Final Open Mic night. Hilarious. There was some pretty singing and stuff, and then there was the funny stuff. "Rectal Thermometers" performed. It was a bunch of really cool guys with really cool hair. There were no words. Just awesome guitar and drumming. Simon said it was a song for lovers. "If you're with the one you love, let them know. If you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with." Something like that. Oh it was awesome. Almost more awesome than the actual playing was the "mosh pit." While moshing, Logan tried (unsuccessfully) to crowd surf, and Mikey fell down on to me and Jessica. NC put her head on his shoulder, and he scooted over. What a character. When Mikey was falling, it took a really long time but we couldn't do anything about it. Haha. Then Kaila and Mikey and Alex did an interpretive dance/reading of "I Believe I can Fly". Funny stuff. It was an awesome last Open Mic.

The past two days of class we've been discussing why the sky is blue. that is a total of 2 and 1/2 hours discussing this. It is very interesting. And confusing. And we have homework for it. But it's just a response. Not that bad. The time flies by really fast in that class. Ryan is very opinionated and loud and persistant about his point. Annoying at times, but overall it's pretty interesting.

Today we had to take our class picture for the zine, and it was chaos. They had the girls wear black shirts and the guys wear black shirts. I think they were trying to pull some order and chaos theme off, but it was generally not cool. They put us in the oven of campus. No ventilation. Just a patio closed in on 3 sides. It is too bad, because it was such a pleasant day today! So pleasant. So sad. So... zine. I think I'm not going to get the zine. Maybe I will. I have to limit these things. I'm getting only 3 t-shirts. You have to have self control with these things.

Today, I'm going to see "Earth" (instead of Chorus Groupies Unleashed). It is a movie. Rated R. For sex and violence. Yessss. Just kidding. I've heard it's supposed to be good. I like these movies we've been seeing. Except last Sunday's stuff.

So I wasn't as depressed after I called home. I was writing some letters and had to get some adresses. My telephone conversations have made a transformation from akward "I miss you"'s and "How's life at home?"'s and it has turned into good conversations. About normal things. I like it better now.

(Last thing- I swear!) I feel as if I've "cheapened" the quality of my blog, because I don't really comment on certain things, I just make it a journal. I guess this is so I can remember things. I promise I'll have thought provoking blogs in the school year. Because nothing really happens. Not enough for a whole blog. So I just wanted to tell you guys that.

Courtney! Call my cell so I know what time you're coming on Sunday. So I can take a nap. Or something.

1 comment:

Brad said...

cinematography