Saturday, July 10, 2004

The seminar about college life for women was informative. I had not thought of some of the things they brought up. I am still looking forward to college. They say the seminar is going to be ongoing, like if you want to know more they might have hall meetings or something. They talked about eating disorders and date rape and alcohol and sororoties and stuff like that. They emphasized the point that nobody is watching you, and it is weird to have all of that responsibility. One has to become good at scheduling. And one has to learn one's study habits. They also said that procrastination that worked in high school does not work in college. Like I said, I'm still looking forward to college. (in spite of some of the things that may go on) I still don't know where I want to go to college, but I still have a little bit of time to decide.

After the seminar, we waited in line for "A Bird of Prey." We got in! It was very sad and depressing. I just wanted to give the actors a big hug after it was all done. They looked so sad! I guess that means that they were good at their job. Haha. After that, we went and chilled on Clewell patio. Kaila and Bridgit and Keith had their guitars, and sometimes we were all singing along. I started making up a song about how depressing it was that all of these couples were forming and holding hands and stuff. Kaila took over because I ran out of lyrics and she had the guitar.

After curfew I went to Katherine's room to watch MSCL. Yay! It was a creepy Halloween episode. I love that show. I'm all involved now, and I can't seem to stop! Angela and RayAnn and Ricky and Jordan and Angela's parents... it's so great!

Then I went to bed and had a bad night's sleep. I woke up at like 1 or something and then woke up again at 4:44 (i don't know if it was really 4:44, I just remember seeing a lot of 4's when i looked at my clock). I was so dang hot and I couldn't get back to sleep. It was really really really hot. I couldn't stand it! That's one thing that I won't miss. The heat. Seriously.

So today Maggie may come and visit me and Megan. Yay! Other than that, there's nothing else to do. Except the Orchestra concert and the Masquerade ball tonight. Fun times. Okey dokey. Nothing else to say. ttfn!

No comments: