Tuesday, April 22, 2003

This morning we had that "North Carolina High School Competency Test". Another EOG. Just what I need. My form of the test had us reading things such as the DMV book that you read before taking your permit test and a box of Yellow Cake Mix. What the heck? I was about to puke. Then I had to read two totally different translations of this poem about a panther. That really makes me mad. My wild brain interprets poetry way different than the average standardized test does. Ok so you give me two poems about this sad panther in a cage that both have different contexts. One makes it sound very monotonous and the other almost makes it sound like it is some beautiful form of art or something. Both of them had a confusing last stanza though. I had no idea what the heck it meant. Great. I'm just glad it is overwith and we get to take math tomorrow. Hopefully it will be easy and I will fly through it and be able to read my book or do my chemistry homework. That would be funner than those dang tests... more fun... Ms. Whitehead makes me laugh. She follows all the rules and is not used to kids that can speak english. She teaches ESL, so you should hear her read the instructions. It sounds like a Kindergarden teacher or something. You can't blame her though. But it is great fun. In the writing test, she came over to me after the test (we were all talking) and she said: "Senora Refvem, you need to lower your voice, I can hear you all the way over at my desk". That made me chuckle because her desk was like two inches from mine. I quieted down though, I didn't want to risk punishment over my loud mouth. Gotta be careful about that thing, doncha know. Alright, that's all for now...

No comments: