Monday, April 21, 2003

I just returned from fishing! You may be thinking... "I didn't know Emma fished...er...was a fisher". Well folks, I do. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten my nalgene bottle, therefore encumbering me from its plentiful aquifer for the course of the day (did that make any sense?). I wrote on my hand (and I quote) YLB. This, of course, stands for Young Life Bottle. While practicing piano a mere 30 minutes ago, I noticed the note on my hand. I searched everywhere in the house, and my bottle was nowhere to be found. Kate mentioned something about falling behind the fridge. I cringed. Then I looked. There it was... out of sight, out of mind, out of reach. So I concocted a hook out of a metal hanger and fished for about 20 minutes, without my glasses, no less. Finally it took both Kate and myself to retrieve the bottle. Kate was the actual retriever in the end. Now I have obtained my bottle back and will no longer suffer from that horrible separation anxiety... well... unless it falls back there again, or I forget again. I sure did miss my little bottle with the In-N-Out sticker (word to Sarah and I representing the In-N-Out stickers!) and Young Life logo on it. I love it just as much as my smaller nalgene with the feelin groovy sticker on it. That one always gets that Simon and Garfunkel song stuck in my head. 'Tis a fun song to have stuck in your head, by the way.

No comments: