Saturday, September 11, 2004

So. I haven't posted since Tuesday, except to blog about the comments. On wednesday, our power went out at like 5:30. It was cool in its own way. It was very laid back and calm and stress relieving. I think it's because flourescent lights cause stress. I did my homework by candlelight, finished the Knights Tale (of the Canterbury tales) that wasn't due til friday, and went to bed early. It was pretty cool. I think it would be fun to pretend there wasn't any electricity. I always end up watching TV when I'm bored, and it wastes so many hours. I kept thinking that I wanted to blog about having no electricity, but I couldn't. It was funny. Anyways. So thursday was a regular day. I can't remember anything special about it.

Friday was a pretty cool day. I had a test in Calculus, but it wasn't all that bad. Me and Nan went out to lunch at Barney's. It was way fun! I didn't want to go back to school, though. As usual. We did an osmosis/diffusion lab in Bio, and it was kinda boring. Just typical measuring and stuff. We sang the final countdown right before we checked our 15%Glucose/1%Starch bag. It was funny. Then spanish was 17 minutes longer because Beasley doesn't know how to properly punish the 2nd lunch messy people. At the end of class, Mr. Castillo, Anderson, McKenzie, and Nick did the macarena. It was pretty funny. Mr. C wrote down the lyrics to the first two lines and when I tried to sing them I realized that there were entirely too many syllables for the beat. It was funny. Then I went to Nan's after school to make some shakers. Mine was horrible. I deplore my artistic skills. But I did well on Ashley's. I guess I learned from my mistakes. The game was tons of fun, Nan kept making me take pictures. We were especially school spirited because we were gonna be on TV if we won or something. Then we went to Ashley's after the game to watch our team on the news. On our way over, we stopped by Anderson's house to say hey and have some chilly-willies. It was funny, because we kinda hot-pocketed. But it didn't really count because it wasn't like weren't wanted. The chilly willies were good. I came in and before saying hi to mr. rowe I asked where the chilly willies were. It was funny. Then when I asked Nan what color she wanted, McKenzie jumped up. It was funny. I think they didn't know who was there. Haha. It was cool hanging out, for like the 2 seconds we were there. Then we saw our team act like hooligans on TV. We looked skinny and small (in #) and hick and camera crazy. They wouldn't stop waving. I mean come on, it's the local news. Haha. I didn't attend Starr's party because those parties aren't fun unless your getting drunk, and I don't think I want to be getting drunk. I did offer to be Zack's DD, but he said he was just spending the night. Haha.

Today I was going to go see Napoleon Dynamite and go to the Goodwill both in Winston, but Jill couldn't come along and Mom said she didn't want me driving all that way to see a movie by myself. I guess I'll just have to wait till it comes out on video. Instead, I went to the recycling center, watched a bunch of True Life's on MTV, moped around, and came to babysit Jane on her awesome farm (where I am now). My side hurt all day. Chalk another one up to Ovulation. Mom kept thinking I had appendicitis, but it was on the wrong side. At one point, I was worried I had ovarian cancer. I was being a little melodramatic. Haha. So now my friends are apparently all going to Hooters (hutters... according to Mr. C) and I am here playing in a creek on a farm that looks like it could never be from Mt. Airy, in a ridiculously cute cabin, with Jane and Blair downstairs making me a drink. I'm getting paid to do this. It rocks. Thus far, I have successfully avoided ever going to hooters. I think I'll try to keep that record up. I don't think I like what Hooters stands for, but I mean I would go if it were in a different context. Like if we all knew it was a joke. Whateva.

So I miss GSW. Jessica has some good pictures of us hanging out in her room and on the patio. Ahh, the good times. It really was fun times. I need a reunion. I really do. So now I'm gonna go hang out some more. Adios!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I am so excited about our tentatively-scheduled plans for next weekend! I think my favorite times of Governor's school were just hanging out with you guys, the four of us just lounging in the humidity, playing cards or something. Pretty much every memory I have of the summer has either has you, Megan, or NC in it. I'm so glad the four of us became friends! This summer meant so much to me. I still talk about it to my friends at school..."One time at GS..." and they tell me to shut up. I'm obviously still hung up on it, suffering withdrawal symptoms and such...But really, I can't wait!