Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I went to Emmy's wedding this weekend, and I loved it. It made me look forward to marriage so much. I can't even wait. I'm not depressed that I don't have a boyfriend, and I'm not depressed that I'm a teenager and not an "adult" yet, and I'm not depressed that I may never get married, because I totally know that I am. I'm just excited about what life has in store for me. I can't wait to be married. I'm looking forward to having a partner to be with me all the time. He will want to hang out with me. He won't want to hang out with someone else sometimes, and ditch me or anything. And it will be so much fun. I just can't wait. It put me in a good mood. But I am sad that Emmy is moving away. Because I love her.

I saw the best home rennovation I've ever seen today on Oprah. It was so good. Too good for words. Nate made over Paige's apartment. Holy cow. I've never seen anything so beautiful. I mean come on. I won't describe it here because I won't get the full and awesome affect. I mean, wow.

Um I like some songs. They make me happy. Like this one I'm listening to right now. "Halleluia" by Rufus Wainwright. It's good. It is a very nice song. There are other songs that I like a lot. I think I'll write them down every time I think of them, that way I can purchase them when I get my iPod for christmas. If I get it. Some songs make me happy and sad and a lot of different emotions all at once. I love those. Another one is "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. It will be the first song I dance to at my wedding. Because I love it. Songs make me happy. Good songs. Mmm.

I'm also looking forward to College and everything it has to offer. I think I keep forgetting that it is actually school. I just see it as a whole new social opportunity. But I will hopefully adjust. And if I go to UNC, Shmimmy can just tell me to study. And I will. Oh, how I love my shmimmy. Oh, how I love all my camp friends. I can't wait to see them again. I was thinking over the weekend about who to invite to my wedding, and I can't wait for the culmination (is that a word?) of all my favorite people all at one place. I don't want to waste my whole time talking to old relatives and "family friends" that I don't really want to talk to. I want to see all my bestest friends. It is so freakin exciting. I just hope I don't get stressed out and feel bad for hurting people's feelings because I didn't pick them to be a bridesmaid. Maybe I'll just make family bridesmaids. I don't like thinking about it too much because it is way to far away to be thinking about. I guess that's what weddings do to you. Anyways.

I'm glad that you guys who are reading this are my friends and you love me. Because I'm pretty sure I love you. In that friendly, plutonic type of love, but you guys know that. It's still as meaningful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww shmimmy i love you!

and i will be first in line at your wedding...throwing rice at you or whatever you do at weddings ;) i hope everything is going well and that i can make it to MA for the festival-thing. i miss you!

-dunivant

Anonymous said...

I love you Emma!
I'm glad you blog a lot, because it lets me know what's going on with you...since I don't get to see you a lot this year.
Your wedding will be AWESOME!!!
Wow. That "In your Eyes" song is like THE best wedding song!! Gotta love those 80s movies songs!!!
(it won't let me post under "Court"....but this is a comment posted by Courtney..)

Jess said...

Rufus Wainwright! Woot! He totally rocks--one of my all-time favorites. You should totally check out some of his other stuff, because it's all awesome. "Halleluia" is a great song, but his voice is just wonderful, no? I mean, I think it's hella-tight. In that Teen Girl Squad kinda way.