Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I had a lot of interactions with infinity today. We had to read a story for english that was talking about the vast infinity of the universe and then I got part of "Bodyguard" by Paul Simon stuck in my head- the part when he says "spinning in infinity..." But that's all I had stuck in my head... I couldn't seem to get any of the surrounding lines in my head. Whatever. Then in calculus we were talking about vertical tangent lines, and which infinity they went off to. I started thinking about infinity and it made me feel small, like the girl in the story. Like when I went out to my car before campaigners this morning, I had one of those episodes where you wonder what the point of life is. Like any life at all, not just mine. Like, what is the point of going to Campaigners if I'm just going to die in like 70 or 80 years, which is such a small fraction of the time that has already existed. I don't like feeling like this because I loose all motivation whatsoever. It is the ultimate senioritis. Weird.

My back hurts all the time and I've been in a bad mood all day and I have a headache. Ugg.

No comments: