Saturday, September 18, 2004

I like cartoons a whole lot more than kids my age. I don't know why, I just like them a lot. Like Recess, Fillmore, Chalk Zone, Kim Possible, Fairly Oddparents... you know, ones like that. Even though the kids are like 4th Graders or 10 year olds, they don't act like it. They have really cool plans and each episode is way cool. They aren't in a series so much, so you can just watch one and totally get it, even if you've never watched one before. I watched some cartoons this morning. Fillmore is a pretty cool one- it's about the safety patrol at their elementary school. They act/talk like real detectives and stuff. In Recess, they have an unwritten code of the playground and stuff... I mean, how cool is that? And their teacher, Mrs. Groetke is a total hippie. She doesn't shave her legs and one time was doing a math problem and was like: "If one feul-efficient vehicle saves 25 gallons of gas, then how many gallons of gas do 30 fuel-efficient vehicles save? Come on, kids... this is you're environment we're talking about!" Pretty funny. Mikey is a poet and he always says stuff like: "Tis far better to have a friend who is a loser than to lose a friend." Liking cartoons really helps me with my babysitting life. I will gladly watch the cartoons that the kids want to watch. Sometimes I'll be more enthusiastic about them than the kids. Haha. Sometimes I don't like the cartoon, like one time when we had to watch this really bad cartoonization of The King and I. It was horrible, I think I blogged about it way back when. Now video games are a different story. The only one I know how to play is Mario Kart. The other ones just loose me. I don't like the ones where you're going on a journey or something; I like more arcade-ish games. They are over pretty quickly and then you start all over again. Yup. Well, I'm off to enjoy my Saturday- I'm going shopping in Winston w/ the fam and then it's off to the Good Life for some good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shmims,
this is just a reminder to tell you to shoot me in the head next time i attempt to take classes i know i can't handle. (ie, calculus) ahhh, this is the devil. oh well, hope all is well in MA! see you in a few weeks!
love,
shmimmy.