Wednesday, June 16, 2004

So. The special relativity seminar was kinda hard to handle, but when I just accept that these things he's saying are true, then it's easier. We didn't understand what he was talking about at first, but we caught on later. It was very simple stuff compared to the bigger stuff out there, I think. I also went to a "Science of Scrabble" seminar last night. It was interesting. I learned of the chunkabet, but I didn't get to stay for the playing because I had swing dance lessons. Yes, I'm immersing myself. It was fun once I got a good partner. I learned the basic stuff, so I could follow, I just needed a good leader. I got some. It was fun! I learned some new stuff, and it gets really fun when you actually get it, and you know it's right. I danced with one of the Area 1 teachers, and he said I had good tension in my arms and a good bounce and a good understanding of swing. Thanks! It was great fun.

Today I got to go to Macaroni Grill with my family minus Kate and Dad. It was really good. They sang Happy Birthday to me Opera style in Italian. I loved it! My food was good, too. I got some awesome stuff for my B-day. I got some birkenstock earrings. They are little birks! How cute! I've used way too many exclaimation marks in this paragraph. Sorry. What the heck, it's my birthday! I'm allowed! I also got some DVDs. From my mom I received St. Elmo's Fire, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles. From my brother I received Bottle Rocket(s?). I'm excited to watch them some time. Charlotte gave me the Switchfoot CD, which I am listening to at this very moment. It's good! I didn't know they were a Christian group, but I had suspected it. Their music is good and has christian ideas in it. It's not the stereotypical, or even typical, Contemporary Christian stuff. It's more the stuff I like. Not to overwhelming. Jill got me two shirts and "Andromeda Strain" by Michael Crichton(sp?). One shirt is a Slinky shirt from Goody's, and the other shirt and book are from Goodwill. The shirt says: "Inside this shirt is the Best Grandpa Ever!" Hilarious. I love it. Mom also gave me some shirts and shorts. Yay birthdays!!! Now I'm just chillin out before dinner and also before our required seminar tonight on something "war-ish", as my Area 3 teacher put it. Lookin forward to it. I really like this CD! It's good stuff. Ok, I will conclude this post by once again informing you that it is hot with a capital H here at Salem College. There isn't Air Conditioning in the dorms because Old Salem says that it ruins the historical stuff. Whatever. I'll just stay here in this air conditioned computer lab. It's weird that all the air conditioned places are places that have stuff like at home. Computer Lab, T.V. room, etc. Interesting. Ok. That was a long sign off. Adios, amigos!

No comments: