Friday, June 04, 2004

I am so sad! I put off posting for a couple of days, I was lying out at the pool (ok, is it lying or laying?) and getting burnt. Then, a couple days ago when I really wanted to post, the internet was down! I was so bummed. It was out for like a day and a half. My connection to the outside world was severed. Turns out our cable box and some connecters were a little messed up. Now it's all better, and boy do I have a lot to say. Here goes nothin.

Ok. Everybody thinks I am the palest person in the world. This is true, but only in the winter. In the summer, I get some freckles and some color and I don't look deathly ill. Nobody really believes me. It's partly my fault for lying (laying) out at the pool next to the tannest person I know, Ashley L. Sumner. Holy cow. What amazes me is that she puts on spf 30 sunscreen, and still gets tan. It happens to me too! I put on 15 sunscreen and still get some color. I guess If your skin is meant to tan, it will tan. Weird. Some girls lie out there without any sunscreen on and get FRIED. Others slather on the afro sheen or something. Knock knock... who's there?... SKIN CANCER. I'm a little toasty right now, but I lathered on the 15 twice and then the 30. I know how to reapply. Oh, and I don't feel the need to wear bikini's to tan. This is partly because I don't like my stomach, partly because of modesty, and partly because I don't need to tan something that nobody would see unless they saw me tanning. Does that make sense? I hope so.

It rained a lot today. I had to drive to Pilot in the torrential downpour, and I hydroplaned at least 4 times (nothing serious). I was slip-sliding away all over that road. I felt like I was going to die, and my nerves were shot even more when I saw a truck that had apparently slid across the road into a guard rail. That could have been me! I don't like driving in the rain. Especially at 8:40 in the morning. Not so fun.

I was playing hearts on the computer when the Internet was down, porque there was nothing else to do. You can enter your opponent's names, and I chose J-Lo, P-Diddy, and Dr. Dre. It is funny to say that J-Lo shot the moon, or that I lost to J-Lo and P-Diddy and won against Dr. Dre. It amused me. Haha. It's just kinda funny.

Oh yeah!!! I went to Wal-Mart today and got two more awesome dresses! I absolutely love going to Wal-Mart not expecting anything. Just a browse. That's when I find the best stuff! e.g.- Wal-Mart skirt from last year. These dresses I got are so cute and summery and lightweight and comfortable. I feel nice in them. A perfect way to start off the summer. I'm in a good mood.

Official T.V. show of the summer: Degrassi. I got hooked on it while watching it at Ashley's house for a couple of nights. It was the Every Episode Ever Marathon. Fun times. I just discovered that it is Canadian! How funny. I've watched it a couple of times before, but I never really noticed it. They say coont-doown, aboot, soory, a-gain (like "i gained a new dress"), and funny stuff like that. It's obvious the more you watch it, but it surprised me. It comes on Channel 122 (noggin), and there's a new episode tonight! It is the best canadian kid's soap opera I've ever seen. Ok, so it's the only canadian kid's soap opera I've ever seen. Oh well. Noggin plays really good shows. They used to play Ghostwriter and Bill Nye. Two awesome shows.

I got my Governer's School Roomate's name in the mail the other day. Athena Jin. It's getting so close!!! You must write me or send me a package this summer. Either one will do. I will write you back, I pinky-swear. Here's the address:

Emma Refvem
Clewell 320
Governer's School West
603 S. Church St.
Winston Salem, NC
27101

I'm expecting some letters.

I'm so glad I got all that out. I've missed blogging. Okey dokey artichokey. Leave comments. Seriously.

No comments: