Thursday, May 20, 2004

So I'm done with my AP Stats project. Now all I need to do is finish my english paper.

ooh ooh ooooh! It stormed today! And I was at home to enjoy it. Usually the storms are in 4th period, but today 4th period was at a different time, so I was at home doing my Stats. The only bad thing about the storm was that I had to walk through the rain and get my pants wet (there was a line so you could see where my rain coat stopped... haha).

The awards ceremony was today. Or should I say the Alexander Preston Tilley awards. Yep, he racked up 5. Whatever. I mean, could we brag a little more Alex? Seriously. Show some modesty. Nobody likes a cocky guy. Nobody. I know I don't. He even tried to tell me that my Pre-Cal award was kinda sketchy because he had it with Coach Hayes, so he might have gotten it. As if 5 wasn't enough. Uggh.

Yeah, so summer is approaching, and I couldn't be more dang happy. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. That's another thing that's been happening to me a lot lately. I have song lyrics for everything I say. A lot of times when it is a regular conversation, The topic will remind me of a song and I'll start singing it. And then, of course, I get it stuck in everybody's head. Haha.

Tomorrow are the elections. I'm nervous. There are 4 levels of nervousness/apprehension in my mind. (from the most superficial on down) Level 1: Hey, maybe I'll win! Level 2: No, then again I probably won't Level 3: But there is still a chance Level 4: Definitely not. No chance at all, because I've never won anything before. Why start now? I get kind of confused. I start feeling one level and then it switches and I start getting that mixed-up-feelings knot in my stomach and I desperately try to change the subject in my brain. So I start singing songs, only it doesn't usually work. Then tomorrow in 4th period or whenever they announce the winners, I get that knot in my stomach and I get really nervous and then they announce the winner and I get really sad. I get over it the next day. It really depressed me one year when Jill and I were both running for secretary (at our different schools). We both lost, but Mom sent Jill a teddy bear and a balloon or something in class. All I got was this random comment: "oh Emma, I didn't think you'd be too dissapointed because you never win." Ok, maybe it was not exactly that, but I'm pretty sure it was close. Whatever.

Happy Weekend everybody! I'm going to go see Shrek 2 on Friday and then work all day at Church on Saturday. (Bingo, baby!!) Adios!

No comments: