Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Driving is a curse if you have younger siblings. I love being able to drive, because I can go places and it isn't an inconvenience. I can go pick up something at the store at the last minute. I have the freedom to drive myself to a movie. It is great. The thing I hate more than anything is having to drive my sisters. I have to drive them to school every morning, and the other day I had to turn around and go back home to get something Charlotte forgot when we were all the way at Ridgecrest, and we were already like 10 minutes late. And Charlotte acted like I was being weird. I definitely parked in teacher parking, because it was my Dad's car. When I drop them off somewhere, and they have something in the trunk, rather than asking me to open the trunk, they just hit it. That works when I'm in the car, but it's not quite as effective when I'm not in it. I had already gotten out of the car, and Charlotte hit the trunk like twice. I told her that the trunk usually opens when somebody pulls the latch, and she said she was just reminding me that it was my duty to open the trunk at all times. I drive them to Pilot every single day after school for swim practice. My mom originally said that I would have to drive them there and either Dad or She would go to pick them up when they were done. Mom has had selective amnesia and now claims that she said that I have to go pick them up afterwards too. "It is your responsibility both ways unless it is impossible." That is just a little annoying, seeing as how she doesn't do anything at the picking up time. Or, at least, either She or Dad is free at the time. Yeah, so today was an exception. Charlotte had voice lessons so I had to drive her to voice, then drive Jill to Pilot (which is 25 or so minutes away for those who dont know), then drive home, then drive to pick Charlotte up from voice (like 10 minutes across town), then drive her to Reeves (for alternate swim practice), then drive home, and then Mom expected me to drive back to Pilot to pick Jill up, then back to Reeves to pick Charlotte up and then home again. Holy freaking cow. It is exhausting just typing all that. Dad ended up going to pick them up. Good thing.

I hate driving. I get road rage when people go slow on the highway. I can't stand to be behind someone who is going slower than I want to go. I hate it. So already today I have driven 46 unwanted miles, and about 6 of those were for myself. Ugh. I would gladly give up my driving privaleges and bum rides all the time, as long as I didn't have to do all that. When Mom threatens to take away my license, she soon realizes that she would have to do all that driving if I didn't have a car. So I get to keep my keys. The only bad thing about this whole situation is that I have no bargaining ground. I don't pay for my own gas, or my insurance, and "my other siblings had to do it too." At least that's what Will says. He likes to point out that he had to drive all of us girls around way back when. So whenever I try to point out the ridiculousness of it all, I am reminded that I could always have to pay for gas and insurance. Basically, I am a teen slave. That's what my mom even said to me one time. If she makes me drive all the time like this next year, when I have all my AP classes, I'm going to go off. Seriously. She's the one that wants me to do good in all of these classes, which is darn near impossible when there are only a couple minutes free in the day. Homework is not productive in the in-between times of the driving. And I have volleyball and stuff. I wish it would all just go away. Next year is gonna be stressful.

Sorry about my ranting and stuff. I'm kinda tired and annoyed, partly because of driving, and partly because people were giving me a hard time in third period. About my boobs. Just cut it out girls, that's just not something you talk about with guys present. Actually, I don't like talking about it ever. Something good that came out of today was my rediscovery of how to play Rook. I'm remembering it, and I'm gonna get some way cool games started this summer. It's gonna rock. Well, I'm off to go sleep or something. Actually, I'm gonna go watch old cartoons or something. Charlotte is trying to read over my shoulder right now, but I kicked her out.

No comments: