Thursday, May 27, 2004

I love the summer. I really love productive summer days. I organized the bookshelves in my room, slowly and steadily. If I try to totally re-organize my room all at once, I end up becoming really stressed out, I don't finish, and I end up watching random junk television all day. Then I get tired and dehydrated and irritable. No good. So today I felt nice and hydrated, and productive. I threw out a bunch of stuff that was just collecting dust on my bookshelves. It was very cleansing. I'm really excited, because I'll clean out my room and it will be so fresh and so clean (clean) when I come back from Governer's School. Yay! That will make me feel relaxed and happy so that I can soak in the last few days of summer before my ridiculous Senior year.

There is a certain smell and feeling to summer. Something to do with the mixture of my air-drying hair, the air conditioning, outside, and laziness. So maybe they aren't all smells, but it is just a general feeling. It feels nice. I was feeling just regular-school-day-ish yesterday, although it was the last day of my Junior year. So I thought today would feel a bit teacher-workday-ish. But it didn't! It felt totally summery. I think it also has something to do with my flip flops. I only wear them in the summer, for some odd reason, so when I wore them today, it brought me back to good old summer ways.

Tomorrow the pool opens! The (almost) last sign that summer is truly here. Graduation is the true last sign, but it isn't until 7:00 tomorrow night. I have to be up early tomorrow to take Jill and Charlotte to school and Dad to work, and also for Graduation practice at 9:00. Oh, the joys of being a Junior Marshal. I think I also have to fix the J.M. sashes. They are totally weird. Anyway, I'm gonna go watch CSI after Law and Order. Two awesomely great shows.

No comments: