Monday, November 01, 2004

In order to show the good readers of this blog that I am taking this whole idea of suggestions seriously, I will- as Tillman suggested- blog about cans of worms. Bet you didn't see that one coming. Mwa ha ha ha.

So. Cans of worms, eh? I've had experiences with cans of worms, let me tell you. At Cheerio one time, I had to teach fishing. That's right- fishing. Some of you veterans may be thinking: "but this is impossible! they took all the fish out of the lake, consequently letting the frog population run rampant!" This is true, but I was assigned to teach it before they made that really random and hilarious decision. Since the fishing department at Camp Cheerio probably gets 0% of the budget, we weren't privileged enough to have cans of worms. We had to find our own- which scared me because I've never actually found a worm when I've set out to find one. So the task was daunting, but my co-counselor and I embarked upon it with vigorous enthusiasm. (because, as we all know, a cheerio camper is always enthusiastic. someone once said that nothing great has ever been achieved without enthusiasm.) Much to my surprise, I found worms- and lots of them! It was awesome. The only thing to worry about now was actually fishing. I would say that about 25% of the worms we caught actually made it onto the hooks, and of those, 50% fell in the water before a fish could get on, and of the ones that actually stayed on, no fish were caught. It wasn't that successful, but it was kinda fun. I can't remember why I had to teach fishing- I think it was on CIT-IT day for CREW. That sounds about right.

On the topic of worms in general, our fellow classmate (and "town-proclaimer") McKenzie ingested more than his fair share of worms at Windy Gap the weekend before last. When he had to get up in front of the crowd and spit a worm as far as he could, he did it like it was no big deal. He was playing with the worm when it was in his mouth, pulling it out, pushing it back in, being ridiculous. Then he spit it the furthest, and it hung out on the ground in the hay for a good minute or so. He got it back, wiped it off, and swallowed it. Holy cow. Then he ate one while we were waiting to go into club later that weekend. Wait- maybe he and Eric just spit them back and forth at each other. I think that's what they did.

hasta luego! keep your comments and suggestions coming.

No comments: