Tuesday, November 16, 2004

oh, julie.

Lucy, my dog, is an awesome dog. She's like a 3 year old all the time. My parents talk to her as if she were a human- "Lucy, how many times have I told you not to sit behind that chair? I get mad at you every time you sit there and you're always in everybody's way. Go sit in your office." or- "Lucy, you can open the door if you want to. It's open- see? Just push it with your nose or something. I'm not kidding!" Another funny thing that she does is talk when you ignore her. If everybody is watching TV or something, she'll start groaning and she'll put her paw on my lap. If you ignore her again, she'll also put her other paw up. Then she'll put half of her body and, if you're lucky, her entire body on your lap. She gets really jealous if you show affection to anybody other than her. Then she'll get all indignant and throw a pity party for herself on her dog bed, pushing it against the wall. It's funny. She also answers to anything ending in "ooey", especially Julie. I will be calling her Julie and Kate will simultaneously be calling her Lucy and she'll come to me first. It's really funny.

Today, when I came home from swimming, she was out of her invisible fence so I was trying to coax her across. She misread my coaxing and jumped in my car and sat down in the passenger seat. I laughed and she jumped out, but then I didn't mind taking her in so I told her to get back in. She sat down in the backseat and I took off her shocker-collar and drove her in. Then I opened the door for her but she insisted on jumping out of my door. She is such a spaz.

3 comments:

Brad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad said...

(Whoops. Mistake-filled post.) Go back and read those things that your parents say to Lucy, and imagine that Pani is saying them to a small pet, or maybe even a person. It's only the funniest thing I've done all day!!

Emma Refvem said...

oh. man. that is hilarious.