Sunday, November 21, 2004

And so it has begun. The time of year when I can no longer stroll through my parents' bedroom because it is filled with Christmas goodies. Why don't you just go in and peek at your presents, since you know where they are? you might ask. Well, because that ruins all the fun. So what if I know where it is? I still want to be surprised on Christmas. Most of the fun is the surprise. I'm leaving my gifts totally up to chance this year, I haven't made a list and the one thing I asked for is apparently out of circulation in the Christmas present department, which boggles my mind a little. I thought the whole point of Christmas presents was to get something that you wouldn't normally be able to buy/afford. Apparently my life has been ruined by fairness. Since Jill and Charlotte had to save up for an iPod, if I want one I'll have to save up. Unless, of course, I go to Duke and they give me one. What's even more weird is that my mom has an idea for a present for me. I really have no clue what it could be. Which makes me even more excited for Christmas. I can't wait to break out the CD's after Thanksgiving. Even though it's not an official rule of the holidays, I always wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas CDs. It makes it more fun, and it controls the Holiday intake. If I start listening to Christmas songs before Thanksgiving, my mind will just skip right on by turkey day, which is not what I want to do at all. Thanksgiving is so fun. This year's will be a little different, though, because we aren't going to CA. I love hanging out with the extended family over this holiday, but I think my dad is on call this year or something.

Crap. I'm typing really fast. I forgot that I'm not supposed to have caffeine on school nights. They need to put caffeine-free Dr. Pepper in wide circulation. Because I love Dr. Pepper, and if it's there, I drink it. So now I am just typing only slightly less fast than I am thinking. Things pop into my head and I write them down. I have also been fervently knitting. Geez, I have so many things to type about but I want to save them for later. Oh, forget that. I'm just going to write about them until I get tired.

I got to babysit for the cutest kids last night; they are really smart. Like when I told the second grader that I had a swim meet on Monday, he asked me if I was "going to eat a lot of nutritious foods." They were very interactive and active, like instead of zoning out on TV, they would ask me questions about stuff. Like if I could do like 100 or so addition or subtraction problems in 30 seconds. The little one, a preschooler, was talking non-stop. It wasn't fast or hyper talking, just a continuous conversation. It was really cute. I think those kids are going to be smart kids, like I want my kids to be like them. Like I was confused as to how to change the diaper of one of them, because he was slightly older and I wasn't sure of where to actually do it, but the kids were like "yeah, sometimes they just change it on his bed. you'll need some wipes, let me go get some for you." It was so awesome. So yeah. That was fun times. And I earned 22 dollars. And some compliments, something about me being "poised" and "smart." And they were joking around with me about colleges, adding there two cents about where I was applying. The dad was disappointed when he heard I wasn't applying to Davidson. Oh, dads and your colleges.

I've been reading xangas of the randomest people lately, and I find that they are more accounts of every day events than actually reflecting on things. My blog always sinks into the routine of just telling what happened, but usually I at least add some of my comments or feelings on the events. And if I haven't blogged in a while I'll give a brief synopsis of my life. Speaking of my life, it's going good. Really good. This week (starting this past Friday and lasting until next Sunday, hopefully) is/is going to be the best week ever. I can just feel it. I mean, so far it is freakin awesome. Like I can't even... yeah. After this huge Calculus test, I'll be home free. Oh yeah, and possibly after the swim meet, because I have to swim the 500 free and the 100 breast. I'm going to be tired. But whateva. Hmm. So, yeah.

The end.

No comments: