Monday, November 15, 2004

look, mom- no cavities!

Going to the dentist makes me feel so vulnerable. I am allowing someone into a place that nobody usually sees. It's weird. The whole time I'm in there I feel awkward and like I look silly. But then, when I think about it, I bet the hygenist would feel just as awkward if I had to look in her mouth. You can tell a lot about a person by their teeth. Well, I guess you can just tell a lot about their hygiene. It was overall a weird feeling. I think it was personifying my current emotional state of being. I mean, I can find the most random representations for things, I'm good at finding those conceits (I should be a metaphysical poet!). I just felt like I don't feel comfortable exposing my emotions because I'm afraid of the reaction. Just like I don't feel comfortable exposing my teeth to the dentist because I'm afraid of the reaction. Will I have a cavity? Will I be rejected? You have to admit, they are kind of similar. Also, I haven't been to the dentist in like a year and a half because I missed one a long time ago. I got out of the habit. I never got into the habit of sharing my emotions, but it still counts because I'm out of the habit. If I really searched, I bet I could keep finding these random comparisons. I think it's just an easier way of saying what I really feel. Comic relief. Or something.

Why am I so randomly obsessed with emotions lately?

No comments: