Thursday, November 04, 2004

Rectangular Magic Calculus Room of Terror!

9. Emma was a very naughty girl this year, always talking in AP Calculus class!!! Santa Claus was very disappointed in her, so he filled her cylindrical Christmas stocking with his magic powdered coal. Her cylindrical stocking is 12 inches high and 6 inches in diameter. The stocking fills at a rate of 5 cubic inches per minute. At what rate is the height of the coal in the stocking changing when the height is 8 inches?


Oh man. That calculus test was full of laughs. I was excited that I had a question dedicated to me. Too bad I got it wrong! Silly me. I forgot that the radius was constant. I was really out of it on this test, because I couldn't remember anything that I did on the test at all. I didn't know if I was going to do well because I couldn't remember anything about it whatsoever. Weird. It freaked me out a lot. Just like the time my calculus reading voice in my head messed up. Talk about weird.

No comments: