Saturday, November 06, 2004

knitting = kabbalah

There's nothing like trying on old prom dresses and favorite outfits to make a girl feel pretty. Umm humm. After feeling frumpy all day (due to the SAT... last one ever, halleluiah) I decided to try on my prom dress because my mom was getting ready for some ball. It looks better on me this year than it did last year. Even though it's like only six months difference. Still, it made me happy. I also tried on the cutest shirt I've ever owned, purchased at Target at an earlier date. Holy cow, I love that thing. I'm wearing it on Thursday night; who cares if it is winter? I'll just wear a jacket or something over it. And I also tried on what I'm wearing to church tomorrow, though I didn't know it was what I was going to wear until after I tried it on. It is very hippie-chic. Accentuated by my chacos. And my earrings. Well, I guess every single part of my outfit contributed to the overall look.

On the way up to Alleghany for the SAT, I listened to Bob Dylan. (I got a collection of his songs because Will recommended his stuff. I mean, I've heard a lot of it before. I like collections like that. I now have a Simon and Garfunkel Collection, a Paul Simon Collection, and a Bob Dylan collection. Way cool.) The sun was shining, the fall colors were out... it was a really nice drive. I'm so glad I got to drive up the mountain instead of on the highway down to Winston. The mountains make me think of Cheerio, especially because I took almost the same route to get to Alleghany that I would to get to Cheerio. It is a really simple drive to both places.

Holy cow. The Incredibles was incredible. Creekside Cinemas is freakin' awesome. The seats rock back and forth, there are like a billion theaters, the hand dryers have turbo jets... you get the picture. Charlotte and I had a lot of fun going to see that movie. I think we kept laughing about it all the way home.

I've had a really good day.

Now I'm going to go knit while watching TV, even though I should be doing college apps. I will do one essay a night until they are done. That sounds like a plan. Why did I choose the schools with all the dang essays?

No comments: