Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I am slightly alarmed by events in my life lately. The first is my obsession with driving my mom's car. It is a Yukon XL. In case you don't know, it rivals the Ford Excursion in size. Huge. Massive. Ridiculous. I feel like I take up 2 lanes when I drive it. I can barely park it. When we went to Kyoto the other day, my attempt to park in just one spot failed and I ended up right smack dab in the middle of two spots. Why am I obsessed with it? Probably for the same reason my mom is. It is a power trip. I feel bigger than all of the cars on the road. Quite a change from my Corolla (who i have named billy). Billy is so small, he could probably fit underneath the Yukon. If it had an open back, I could probably park Billy in the trunk of the Yukon. I feel very powerful in Mom's car. I get to drive it tomorrow, and I'm really excited. The second alarming thing is my recent 'infatuation' with rap songs. Just the funny ones. I was exposed to a couple yesterday while listening to the XM radio in Mom's car. "Ladies is pimps too, go on brush your shoulders off." "You wanna be a wanksta but you aint got none" or something like that. They are funny. It is also funny to say it in 'white language' in front of people who have heard it before. They find it hillarious. Like today, I said to Audra: "Hey, I think I've got something on my shoulder, could you brush it off for me?" So tomorrow when I drive the tanker, I'll be sure to listen to some more rap. And then get it stuck in everybody's head.

No comments: