Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I am (fortunately or unfortunately... you choose) the queen of getting songs stuck in people's heads. All you have to do is start singing a catchy tune and people will sing along. I do it all the time. Example 1- I started singing "I can't see me lovin nobody but you for all my life..." before class. Later on, I heard a couple people singing it. My work was a success! Example 2- I heard Avril Lavigne ("did you think that I was gonna give it up to you this time") on the way to school, so I sang it at lunch and got Audra singing it. Then I wrote her a note with the lyrics. Definitely stuck. The thing is, I don't mind having songs stuck in my head, because I can either relish it or replace it with a new one, because I am the one who started it. When somebody else gets one stuck in my head, it is annoying and never goes away. That's what I do to people. Annoying, maybe... but I am enriching their daily musical experience. I sang the Sesame Street song in Spanish, very timidly, and got a chuckle out of Ms. Ucinska. I didn't sing it enough for it to catch on, though. Too bad. I often find myself singing about random things. I'll just sing my hello to somebody instead of saying it. Or maybe I'll sing some part of something I say. It randomly happens. My day becomes more and more like a musical and less and less boring. Whatever it takes, I say. For all of you dying to get a song stuck in your head (and I know a lot of you are...) I'll give you some suggestions. "I just died in your arms tonight... it must have been something you said" (Journey, I think...) or "Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head" (Blink 182). I can't think of any more right now. Have fun!

No comments: