Sunday, February 27, 2005

would you like to swing on a star...

I really like setting aside a whole day for reading. Because I plan my day around it and feel no stress about time restraints in which I need to complete my reading. I just become a recluse in my room and I let myself be absorbed by the story. Today, I sat up in my bed from right after church until right before Quest, reading Invisible Man. I kind of zoned out on Ch. 5 because it was boring, but it's all good. I also took a nap at page 75 because it was about halfway through what I was supposed to read. It was a really good nap. My bed is ridiculously comfortable, let me tell you. I've been wanting to nap in it for a while now, and I finally got my wish. It was just a 45 minute nap, but it made all the difference. It got me further into book reading mode. I was further pumped that I finished my English assignment before the typical Sunday night at 10:30 routine, and I also didn't do any of it on Saturday! I was feeling bad about being so lazy and just watching ANTM all day. But now I don't! I feel like I had an awesome weekend!

Friday: After chess club, I drove down to the gas station right next to where 421 meets 77 so that Charlotte (my sister) and Jill could ride with Kate the rest of the way to Charlotte (the city) for Charlotte's (my sister) swim meet. We ate subway at the station and then I drove myself back to good ol' MA where I prepared to spend the evening alone, since all of my family was somewheres else. I ended up hangin w/ the Till-meister. We went to see Joel play at the Good Life for a few minutes, played some chess while there (haha), then came back to mi casa to watch some home videos. Home videos are pretty funny. Then we played Trivial Pursuit and it was funny, though we were all way too tired by the end of it.

Saturday: Slept in late, planned on reading Invisible Man, but ended up not doing it at all. I watched ANTM and played some piano in-between. I really need to practice a lot for federation- aah! I also took Lucy on a bike ride (she ran along, for all of you who think my dog can ride a bike, haha). It was invigorating- I love riding bikes. Then I started getting depressed and then I watched DD. Then I came home and did some Calculus homework before going to bed, so I wouldn't feel so bad, and so I could devote my whole day to IM.

Sunday: Church. IM reading. Quest (funnnn!). Senior Leader Meeting (hilarious: ADHD and Catch Phrase work well together). Oh yeah, and it's the 3-months-iversary for me and Tillman. So, it was like the cherry on top of the good weekend.

You know what show was awesome? Out of this World.

No comments: