Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"i have the most stupidest friends ever"

Ok, ok. 10:47 is not late. If you think about it, late is a relative term. It was later than I had originally anticipated staying up. It was Sunday, I had been at states all weekend, and I had planned on going to bed somewhere around 9 or 9:30. My plans were foiled when Procrastination reared his ugly head. (notice how i capitalized procrastination and referred to it as a he. i think i'm reading too much old stuff like shakespeare. because i like doing stuff like that) So, if you think about it, it was a late night post. Plus, it's later than I usually post anyway.

As I told you before, last Wednesday was the awesomest day of senior year to date. Campaigners was fun times at the Leathers household, as always. French toast is really good. I used my privaleges as a senior and lunched at Subway with the boys. It was hilarious, I think because people said funny things. "Why go out to eat hamburgers when you already have hamburgers at home?" Courtney then got me out of 4th period to "help her with her physics homework." It turned out to be a Tillman concert in the back corner of Ms. Carson's room. I got to miss the whole class period to hang out with the coolest peoples ever. It was really fun. And then, after school, I had that whole piano deal and then I went home and procrastinated because there were rumors of school cancellations due to the weather. As the night went on, though, the weather predictions started looking bleaker. The slacker predictions were calling for a full day of school. So I did my homework after the Daily Show and stayed up really late. But I was awakened to the glorious sound of my mother's voice informing me that school was, in fact, cancelled.

Yeah, so there is not much to talk about on those subjects I so cryptically posted before. I don't know how successful it was. I waited too long and forgot what I was going to type about.

Yesterday was a really pretty day. With Lucy, I biked down Crossingham Road and gazed at the beautiful houses and beautiful views and beautiful llamas. Haha. llamas. I loved feeling the wind blowing through my hair. I love spring/fall feeling days out of season. Because I really hate winter. Like, a lot. I need spring. Spring fever is setting in. So, instead of doing my homework right away like the acadamian that I seem to have a reputation for being, I walked out to that burnt down house in the field behind my house. It was very pretty. I felt photographic, so I took some pictures. Some of the angles are cliché. Eh, I'll get over it. I then proceeded to open all the windows in my room and attempt to complete my homework on the back patio whilst eating chips and salsa. It didn't work. Here is an equation to show you the unsuccessfulness of homework on a day like yesterday: senioritis + spring fever = ridiculously lazy emma. I neither studied for the Calculus test nor completed my Hamlet work. But the Calc test wasn't that bad, and Goldie apparently isn't going to take up our questions on Hamlet at all. So, all in all, it was a good day.

Today was interesting. We got back our essays, and my paper finally earned the right to be displayed in front of the class on the overhead! Too bad it was ridiculously not neat. I mean, ridiculously. She said that she showed it to exemplify what teachers have to go through, and that it doesn't count against us at all to be that messy. Lets just say that there was definitely a sideways paragraph and many british spellings (licqour). We also had a quiz on Acts 1 & 2 of Hamlet. I totally missed one question because I didn't watch the cartoon Hercules. Or take good notes. Then, I took the Calculus test. I'm expecting a score in the mid-to-low 90's, but I can always surprise myself. In lunch, I asked Beasley if I could get back my confiscated cell phone, since Wednesday was 5 weekdays ago. He said yes, and then retracted his statement because "we weren't in school last thursday. it is gone for 5 school days." I then proceeded to tell him that his logic was shady, and then I sat down, defeated. I had an earth science test as well today. Too bad that I missed both days we took notes on rocks. Whatever. I'll survive.

I am officially signed up for the Talent Show. I will be playing my piece by Pederewski. Minuet in G or something along those lines. She has to screen people out, but I think she meant the singers. Because Jill, Bethany and I are the only ones signed up for piano at this point. I think I'm going to wear a pretty dress so I impress the judges, haha. I can't wait to write my information paragraph. It will be of a high caliber.

This post is really long. Because I haven't posted in a while. That seems to happen a lot lately.

No comments: