Tuesday, October 12, 2004

This past weekend was pretty awesome.

Friday: I worked @ the Jaycee Booth @ the ALF, selling fried apple pies. Then I sat at home and moped because I wasn't going to Ziggy's or anything fun b/c of the SAT. Joan of Arcadia was good- the guy that played God was really cute. I think you have to watch the show to not be at least somewhat grossed out by that statement.

Saturday: SAT 2. Biology sucked. Math 2C sucked more. Writing wasn't so bad. We had to write an essay. The prompt: "A great decision was made when _____". Alex wrote about the founding fathers. Kathryn wrote about electing Bush. I wrote about what I had for lunch on Friday. I said "A gread decision was made when I decided what to eat for lunch yesterday. Let me explain..." And then I went on to talk about how I couldn't choose between a hotdog, a cheeseburger, and a "world famous pork chop sandwich." I figured that I had to write about something I knew b/c I only had 20 minutes. And I also figured that it was more about how you wrote than what you wrote about. Plus, it was a vague prompt. Afterwards, I went home and waited for Shmimmy and Kristin to come. Then we went to the ALF then Goobers then Home and then to Dobson and then to Wal Mart and then back home to knit. Fun times to the max!!!

Sunday: Church, then knitting and more movies, then Shmimmy and Kristin left, then Quest @ 4:30 where we watched "The First Night" with Richard Gere who played Lancelot, to whom I fondly referred as "Lancehot" and Sean Connery who played Arthur. It was funny. Then I went to the Senior Leader Meeting @ Eric and Kristin's house and then I came home.

I had tons of fun this weekend w/ my CIT buddies. I miss cheerio- but I more importantly miss the cheerio people.

I watched a lot of movies this weekend. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- awesome. Kristin figured it out and I just helped out with figuring out the hair colors and stuff. Mean Girls- good, as always. "Aallll yooouuu sucka MC's got nothin on me..." hahaha. Saved- good stuff. Interesting. It evoked a very governor's school feeling in me, if that makes any sense. It evoked the same feeling that some things at governor's school evoked for me, kind of a sense of hoplesness b/c of the neverending gray areas that cover so many topics. Drop Dead Gorgeous- funny. I think I fell asleep for most of it. Along Came Polly. This, too, was fun stuff. Breakfast Club- first time seeing it on DVD- I usually watch it on TV. I really love that movie. The First Knight- although I didn't pay attention to some of it, I thought it was good. Sean Connery had a lot of one-liners of advice. I kept making fun of his accent but nobody was getting it and it was never-ending because he talked a lot in the movie. Haha. The fact that I watched a lot of movies reminds me a lot of Governor's School, too.

Speaking of reminding me of GSW, I had a moment in English. We were talking about craziness and how maybe you're sane and everybody else is crazy, and so I just had the urge to ask "What is craziness?"- like the true GSW-er I am. I miss GSW.

On another note, open swim was today. Boy, I'm out of shape. But I'm really looking forward to slimming down and making states and having tons of fun b/c high school swimming is a ton of fun. That pumps me up a lot.

No comments: