Thursday, October 07, 2004

I think I had something good to post about, but I forgot it. I forgot it so much that i don't even remember the subject or anything.

So I've totally gotten over my music-poser insecurities, and I can't wait to get my CD's- I think I got the F.L. and P.S. haha. code language.

Since I forgot what I wanted to post about, I will commence in telling you about my day, because it was a pretty good day. It is going to be pretty detailed, so consider yourself warned. But not in a bad way or anything.

I woke up today and remembered that we had an Interact Board meeting at 7:30. I also remembered that both of my parents were gone and I was responsible Charlotte getting to school. So I called Megan T. and she was able to take C. to school. So I arrived and we had a meeting about board members' responsibilities, and Mrs. Rhoden was really emphasizing organization skills that weren't present last year or something. It was really ironic b/c Nick came in and asked her where our ALF booth was and she said "Oh, I don't know. I forgot to call them to find out, just walk up and down the streets to find it." The epitome of unorganization. Whatever.

First period was chatty. I forget exactly what we did. Yesterday's class was more fun, because we had A.A. Yesterday was really fun, in general. Perhaps I'll take a break and talk some about yesterday. Sounds good.

So... Yesterday. English was full of Extra Credit whores. And I apologize for calling them *cough* him *cough* a whore, but it's true. They sell themselves for grades. For example, somebody wasn't talking at all in class, but as soon as Mrs. Goldwasser reminded us of our extra credit checks for in class participation, his hand was up. Before she was even done looking up from the book into which she was talking. Oh man. Don't even get me started. Then, it was time for A.A., my haven. I love that class. Goldie/Macado is my advisor, and our class is really small because everyone either moved or dropped out. So it was gonna be me and Anderson and Rebekah, and then like Kayla Webster and Doug and Mandy, but they don't talk very much. So I was excited. Then the "extra credit" monger, after some confusion on his real advisor, decided he was just going to stay for ours. It got under my skin. He was ruining this group that has been the same for like 2 years. And he just was going to walk on in like he owned the place or something. I didn't know exactly why I was being so defensive about Advisor Advisee, I think it had something to do with the extra credit. But stay, he did, and so did Lizzie, which made it better. I like Lizzie. So we were listening to flamenco guitar music and talking about college essays and stuff (instead of responsibility), when MAHS went into lockdown. Lockdowns are so much fun. Macado forgot about the locking the door part until we reminded her, and it was kinda funny. We were sitting in the corner of our room whispering and making jokes about lockdowns and it was pretty fun. Then it was over and I had to return to the reality that I had a biology test to take. Uggh. I think we learned physics stuff in calculus, and then I crammed for bio during lunch. Then I took it. And it sucked, because we had 7 minutes less to take it in. And also because biology tests generally suck. It wasn't really that bad. I mean, I could have known the Calvin Cycle a little better, but whatever. Then there was spanish and I think we didn't do anything again. Still haven't moved out of the review pages. Oh well. Then after school there was piano and I had to take Charlotte to voice, where I slept through her lesson. It was a good and greatly needed nap. Then I think I went through test withdrawl. Watched a lot of T.V. Then went to bed.

So now today doesn't look as exciting. Basically calculus was calculus and then Nan and I went to eat at Kristin's house. Fun times. Then Bod wasn't there in Bio, so we "read the chapters", which really means that we talked and read our own books if we wanted. I read some in "Walking on Water" by Madelein L'Engle. I love her. So much. Well, I love her books, anyways. Then I looked at the sample transparencies for bio books and it was pretty cool. I like transparencies. Then I sat in Jordan's vacant seat and talked with Chris and Christian and Tillman and kindof with Evan. It was fun times. I think I'm going to sit in Jordan's seat some more when he is absent, which is often. Then we had a ridiculously easy quiz in spanish, which was almost the same question repeated 15 times with a different verb that he gave to you. We also got our newspapers, which we read for the remainder of the class period. When we were done reading we all just got up and talked and stuff and it was pretty fun. We laughed at parts of our school newspaper, because they were funny. And other parts because they were unintentionally funny. Hahaha. Oh my. Then I came home and chilled and then picked up Jill in Pilot, then ate at Monte De Rey with the fam, then went to the v-ball game for like 2 seconds and then went to the J.V. f-ball game. It was fun and funny.

Seriously, how long is this post? I think I'm tired of writing. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Emma Refvem said...

A.A. = advisor/advisee