Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I hate it when my family blows things out of proportion. It causes me to start thinking and analyzing small details, therefore making me blow it out of proportion too. Then I become frustrated and cynical and I don't like who I am when I am in this state caused by their actions. They keep bringing it up, it makes me feel akward, and then I end up expecting more out of the situation that they are blowing up than I even want to. I want to be chill. I want things to happen naturally, and progress at a very laid back rate. Why must they do this to me? I hate feeling akward and embarassed. Oh me, oh my.

I really hate mood swings as well. Today was an extremely mood-swingy day. I probably had a different mood every five minutes. I hate the way I am when I am mood swingy. Like I was happy to be getting up this morning, and I felt like my regular self. Then I started feeling more like a mature adult because I had to drive Julie to campaigners. Then I felt happy and silly at campaigners until we started and then I was freaking tired. And then I felt silly again, and then sometime in English, my mood turned a little more randomly serious or something. It went downhill in Calculus because we had a test and Mrs. Gray wasn't her usual cheery self. Like she sounded depressed when answering my question about the open or closed interval. Weird. My mood went back to the positive side in lunch because I talked with my friends and it was fun times. Then I felt kind of out of sorts or something, like I wasn't feeling like I was a funny person. (not that i'm saying i'm a hilarious person or something like that, i hate it when my point isn't well conveyed, so i really am not trying to sound conceited or anything silly like that) Who knows what that was all about. And then I had to take my Most Likely to Succeed picture with Brad and I felt normal and good and in good spirits. Spanish was fun, and my good mood lasted until the end of the period, I'm pretty sure. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere came my really bad mood. All of a sudden I was ridiculously depressed and then I started thinking about how depressing it was that I was depressed for no reason and then I started thinking of all the things that make me sad right now, and then I started getting sadder and sadder. It was horrible. And then I had piano lessons and it put me in a good mood again because I knew my pieces. And then I came home and now I'm in a really good, high-energy mood because we had dinner with Eric and Kristin and it was loud and fun and funny. At one point, I accused Jill of stealing one of my childhood memories (she seriously claimed one of my memories as her own... weirdo). I also got in a really good mood because exciting things are happening these days. I listened to some of the songs by the bands I am going to see with Courtney and Tillman at Ziggy's on Nov. 11th, and it totally pumped me up. Exciting. So now I'm in a happy mood and I'm probably going to go change into a chill mood because I'm going to go do my homework.

Seriously, you probably think I'm the most teenagery teenage girl there is out there, and you're probably right- at least concerning today. Now you can see why I hate emotional roller coasters. It was exhausting even listing it just now. Sorry for putting you guys through that.

No comments: