Thursday, October 28, 2004

I haven't been to school in the last 2 days, and it's been pretty freakin awesome.

Yesterday, I went down to Chapel Hill with McKenzie, Nancy, and Bod for a workshop on stem cell research. It was very interesting. The small group discussions during lunch were very GSW-esque. I felt like I sounded very open minded. And I looked like a cool person. Like if I saw someone that looked the way I looked, I would want to get to know them and I would think they were cool. I think It was helped out a lot by my bangs and jewelry. I always knew the bangs were a keeper. Good choice on that one, I must say. I also was wearing my favorite jeans that bring luck with them wherever they go. I'm basically in love with them.

Today, I went on an English field trip to the Renaissance Fair in Charlotte. It was a ton of fun, even though it was very misty and cloudy all day. Everyone's hair had little droplets of water all over. It was funny. We waited in line for like 45 minutes for bread bowls, though. But the actual waiting wasn't bad except for the being hungry part. I got to listen to some music, compliments of Tillman. Other events of the day included fortune telling and jousting. The fortune telling was pretty awesome and hilarious. Basically a 5 dollar counselling session. I opted out of it, though. It was fun watching. The jousting was hilarious. The guys were riding horses! I was a litte dissapointed that the jousting sticks weren't logs, like they are in Michael Crichton's Timeline. That would have been awesome.

So I was almost depressed that I would be behind in my classes, but we didn't do anything in them according to those who stayed behind. I thought the calculus worksheet packet was going to be hard, but it turned out to be surprisingly easy. Maybe I'm just a better mathematician at night. I did it at 12:00 AM, this morning I guess you could say. I went a little crazy with the staying up late. I think I had some caffeine too late in the day, so I couldn't go to sleep. Caffeine is not a good thing for me on school nights.

Cloudy days depress me. Like there is nothing else out there. When I can see the sky, then it makes me think that there are broad horizons and that the world goes on. When it's cloudy, it's like there is nothing else except what I am doing. Like it's a little bubble or something. Does that make sense? probably not. It does in my mind, which is the only thing that matters. Mwa ha ha ha.

Tomorrow is going to be one weird school day.

No comments: