Thursday, October 14, 2004

It's amazing what an impact just a couple words make. Sometimes, some little thing that somebody says can either make or break my day. Like if somebody comes up and just says "hey, what's up?" to me, unexpectedly, it makes me really happy. And it's also weird how just saying my name will make me feel happy. Like, instead of saying just "Bye", they say "Bye, Emma!" I mean, sometimes I can be in whole conversations and I never really use the person's name. Yet it makes such an impact, as well. So when somebody says something small like "See ya later, Emma" when they only normally say just "Bye" or something, it totally makes my day. Maybe I'm not making any sense.

I had a good day today. Nothing special to make it amazing or anything, just a generally good day. Even though Calculus came close to going over my head, closer than it's ever come before, it was still ok. My teachers were in good moods. That always helps. Like when Mr. Castillo is in a bad mood, it depresses the hell out of me. (I thought I'd throw that in there for all you Catcher in the Rye fans) But today he was just chillin out and he didn't get mad at us or anything and he didn't try to teach us something confusing. I also had a good day because I exercised. I'm pumped about swim season, I think I've already lost 2 pounds. Hahaha. My goal isn't to lose weight as much as it is to get in shape and get toned. Swimming does a good job of toning my body. Maybe I'll swim more regularly even after swim season is over. I also got some quality piano practice in, thanks to Mrs. Paul totally calling me and Mallory out about how we weren't practicing right. I could sense that I wasn't getting much accomplished, and she pinpointed it. Now I concentrate on my problem areas before I let myself play the parts I already know. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Oh boy. Then I did my homework (in 3 classes! yet it still didn't ruin my day) and then I watched some CSI while knitting some more of my Kerry-scarf. I'm making some progress. Now if I only knew how to cast off... I think another factor for my good day is that I had Postal Service "Recycled Air" stuck in my head all day. I like that song. It's a very calm sort of song. I would write the lyrics out, but that's not the calm part. The whole thing is just nice. I knew that all I needed was some good music to help me get rid of my stressed-out poser mood.

So tomorrow is Friday and I am really excited. I mean, what's not to love about Friday? Joan of Arcadia, Football Game, Slushie show, sleeping in... (yessss)

No comments: