Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I wrote this for English, and I thought I'd share it with you. Enjoy!




a sonnet about jeans.
by emma refvem.


they looked from that tall rack with their big eyes
their legs reached out to me through flocks of folks
they said: “hello, my dear we are your size”
they used their vintage wash and flares to coax

but some are like a leech upon my skin
they cling so tightly to my butt and thighs
I only fit in them when I suck in
to pull them off immediately would seem quite wise

but how can I resist my favorite jeans?
those knights in shining armor that don’t tease
that make my lower half feel like a queen’s
politely hiding flaws so no-one sees.

the quest for legs that look so long and lean
is done ‘cause I have found my perfect jeans.

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Could you be talking about your AE "Favorite" jeans??

Emma Refvem said...

Why yes, Courtney! I am! Those are quite possibly my most favorite jeans in the history of time.