Sunday, January 02, 2005

I have really great jewelry. I probably have the coolest jewelry of anyone you know. I purchased four pairs of earrings today, adding to my eclectic collection of earwear. It was buy two get one free at Claires, so I found three that I really liked. Then I saw a pair that I really liked but that wasn't a part of the deal, but I just had to have them. So I ended up with three dangly pairs and one pair of "pearl" earrings. Two of the danglies are similar, but still charmingly unique. The other dangly pair is green and goes well with my hair. My mom came back from England and gave me a necklace with all kinds of cool buttons on it, adding to my really cool jewelry collection. It was from accessorize, my favorite store in the entire world. Mostly because I have gotten so many high quality accessories there. Like three of my really cool purses are from there. Ok, I take my topic sentence back. I have really great accessories. Because accessories includes my purses, which freaking rock. I remember thinking last year that I wanted to develop my style to have really cool purses and stuff but I wanted to do it all at once. Little did I know, it was a gradual process. Now I have a lot of the cool things. And my collection is still growing. I like the way my style is shaping up. Oh yeah, and I have pretty cool scarves too. I've inadvertently started a scarf collection or something. It's cool.

While on my shopping spree with Jill, we once again realized how we communicate with a special language. Ok, it's not really a language. But we imply so much in our body language and inflection that other people would be left utterly confused and baffled after hearing some things we say. But we understand each other perfectly well. A lot lies in intuition I think. For example. I will say something like this: "I mean, I like this CD but sometimes I don't really like it, you know? Like I like it but then I listen to it too much and then I don't really like it but I still like it deep down. Just not at the surface." And Jill will be like "Yeah, I know what you mean." Today, for another example, Jill said: "These earrings are almost eclectic and cool but they are shiny. You know?" And I knew exactly what she meant. The problem with this unique way of communicating arises when Jill or I am talking to someone else in this manner. They get lost and don't understand what we are trying to say. So it takes more words that take away from the real meaning. Which is why I need to expand my vocabulary; I fell like I don't know enough of the right words to make people fully get my meaning. It's as if I can't effectively trap my thoughts and feelings into my limited vocabulary. So I'm stuck looking like a flake. Or something. But in a good way, I hope.

The thing about my blog is that it keeps me writing. It keeps me expressing. The channels of my brain are kept flowing smoothly because I can just write and write and write on here. It's very theraputic.

School starts soon. But I'm ready. Bring it on.

No comments: