Wednesday, January 19, 2005

domain bites!!

If I could be someone other than myself for a day, I think that it would be my calculus teacher. For those of you don't know her, I'll elaborate so you'll know what you're missing out on. Because it's a lot.

An avid kayaker, she knows how to keep on going when the going gets tough. For instance, when a member of her Algebra II class decides to fall asleep, she'll smoothly execute a wake-up procedure and continue as if nothing ever happened. Plus, the fact alone that she's a kayaker. How cool is that?! It's my fervent belief that while paddling down the river, she mathematically computes the shapes her bruises will take during the trip. She's good like that.

There aren't many people as consistently happy and upbeat as my calculus teacher. She's happiest while doing math, but she's always got a smile on her face. Oh, what I'd give to be that content. She can't seem to lose her good mood like a heathen can't let go of a grudge. She's never had a good reason to lose her good temper in my class, but she assures us that she's the cool, calm type, and I believe her.

She grades the AP Calculus tests for the College Board! That's a good reason on it's own. This pushes her past the normal requirements of being an awesome teacher. Because of this, she knows exactly what she has to teach, and how to focus her methods. It's like she knows exactly what to tell us to help us understand not just how to find answers but how to form our responses, a major plus in AP courses. It's hard to describe how cool she is. It's like she's so cool, nobody even knows she's cool.

Finally, she holds Karl Bretz in high respect.

One person I would not like to be for a day is a student taking that silly biology class. Oh, I mean, uh, nevermind.

No comments: