Sunday, January 30, 2005

Darn you, mother nature! You and your fickle weather systems. You have officially ruined my life. Thanks. Everyone said it would be a rough winter- all the signs pointed to it! Those stupid fuzzy caterpillars, the dang farmers almanac, the thunderstorms after Dec. 21st or whatever, and all that stuff. So I was looking forward to at least one day of school off for big snows. But no. What did you do? You decided to come on weekends. So we have to cancel swim meets and move them to dates that coencide with Sister Hazel concerts. So we are stuck in side all weekend with no social life (those of us without 4-wheel-drive) and then forced to go to school for an entire, uninterrupted week. Thanks to you, I haven't hung out with any of my friends in like forever. I just sit at home and mope. And do lazy things and put off my homework until the night before a 2-hour delay. You did it to spite me. California even got snow. California! When I was there, the most I could hope for was some hail. Now you tease us with the fluffy goodness and get our hopes up for at least one day- one lousy day- off of school. But no. This is why I hate winter. Too many dissapointments. Too much cold. All for nothing. I just want it to be spring already. I have a life in spring. Spring is warm. I get more done. In the winter, all I do is put off studying for Bio tests until it's too late and then I end up doing badly on them. I have like no motivation anymore. If I start my weekend off by doing nothing, it sets a bad tone for the whole weekend. All thanks to you, lately. I didn't even play in the snow this time, did you know that? Because I don't have a sled and it started snowing in the morning. I only sled when I wake up with snow on the ground. Otherwise, I just start watching movies and then I can't stop. Uggh. I am officially disgruntled.

But really, I am mad at myself. I haven't been living up to my potential in Biology. I could be doing better than I am, if I would actually crack down and study for two nights. I had good motivation before my Duke interview on Thursday night, but then I cought some major senioritis afterwards, and I couldn't study for the life of me. I just blew it off again. But I'm proud of myself that I have enough integrity to show up to class and not skip it so I could have a whole weekend to study. I will do better on the next one- I swear. Swimming season is practically over, which is bittersweet. It's sad that I won't be swimming with a team anymore, but this year it hasn't really felt like a team. Not since those seniors left. I mean, those kids were fun. This year, it's just kind of like whatever. But yeah. Now that it's over, I will have more time after school so I can dedicate it to studying if I feel like it. I can also finish my homework earlier and go places like basketball games (or I guess baseball games in the spring) and band practices that I seem to always miss these days. I have motivation in all of my other classes, I just think now that I'm realizing that I'm not going to major in biology and that I don't really like it at all, I don't want to study for it. When the teacher doesn't seem to have a passion, that also takes away from some of what I'm feeling, I guess. But there's really no excuses. I'm just starting to feel lazy. I need to kick myself into gear. Next weekend is states, which will be really fun, and then lifeguarding class starts, which will also be fun (I hope) and then I'll have no commitments after school. And the days will start getting longer. I hate how it's always dark outside when I'm doing homework and stuff.

The real reason I'm mad at snow is because I now have to write that English paper instead of hanging out with anyone. Uggh. Geez it feels good to blog. Sometimes I miss writing these big ones. I like getting all my feelings out on here. It's quite theraputic.

I'm off to practice piano and write a paper on Point of View. Sayonara, amigos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you believe in the dream?
i just like saying that to the hmongs at my school because they don't even really know what "dream" i am talking about. come to think of it, i don't even know what i am talking about.
it happened again.
arg.
love and love,
shmims