Saturday, January 22, 2005

geeeez. Allergies suck. I don't have them until the random occasion that I cuddle with my extremely fat cat, Pooky. Then I am subject to major allergy problems. My nose is running like a faucet and I'm sneezing a lot and my eyes are watering and my legs are itching. But I think my legs are itching because of swimming and the fact that I haven't shaved them since September 4th. That would probably be a good explanation. I know, it's gross, but it's all in the name of the swim team. I'm a state qualifier again, I just thought I'd go out with a bang. I have to leave a legend, you know. Future girls will remember me as the one who never shaved her legs. And the girl who shaved her arms and survived afterwards. Every girl seems to have a phobia of shaving her arms. "It will grow back darker!!!" No, it won't. I've done it three times. It didn't. Proof! Oh, me.

I haven't had a good emotionally expressive post in a while. I used to do those all the time. Perhaps it was my only outlet. These days, it's not my only outlet of problems and stuff. Instead of trying to state them ambiguously on here, I can directly state them to Tillman. It's a cool thing, I like having someone to talk to. But I also like blogging. I like the long narrative version sometimes, so I can get all of my thoughts out all at once instead of having to do it in a conversational form.

I enjoy writing. Sometimes when I think about having a career in creative writing or something, I think that it may be hard. So I don't really want to have that be my whole living, though I'd like to do it on the side. Will encouraged me to write poetry or stories or something when I feel like it, and I think it's something I will work on. Who knows? I bet I could have some fun with it. But speaking of career opportunities, I'm really excited about working with environmental sciences of some kind. I think I might even get a PhD someday... you never know. If I'm feeling up to the challenge. That would be crazy. Perhaps I don't want to devote my life to studying. But, then again, what else am I going to devote it to if not something I love? That's my philosophy. I'm looking forward to being in a career that doesn't involve offices and stuff. I like the thought of being outside a lot of the time. It would be fun. And now I'm still even more unsure of where I want to attend college. I got a brochure for the environmental programs at UNC-CH, and it was funny. All the kids in the pictures looked so hippie to me, and I loved it.

So, yeah. I miss not updating as much in my blogger. I love it when I do.

1 comment:

Sarah Gitt said...

come be a geology major with me! it rocks!