Saturday, December 25, 2004

give me ambiguity or give me... something else.

It's funny- seeing things from the other side. On the one hand, I'm excited that I can no longer be defined in a certain category. On the other, I'm somewhat sad that I am no longer a part of that category. I mean, I can definitely still relate. But now I can see the other side. And now I can see how useless it is for these people in that old group to worry. I mean, it really sucks to sit around and be depressed abou their current state all the time. But, what else is there to do? Really. Society has set the whole situation up to where it sucks for everyone who isn't a part of the "positive" category. I still don't really see myself as in the normal positive category, though. I think there are many different variations of the category. I think there are people who do something just to say they're doing it. Like, they force themself into the category simply for the purpose of being known as one in that category. The people who are in the "negative" category probably don't even know what they want. They trivialize it to the point where they only like the idea of the category, forgetting that there is such a personal attatchment to this category. They make it about the category and not about their feelings, kind of. Then there are those who are fine with their current state, whether "negative" or "positive." I think that is the best state of mind one can be in when it comes to these categories. That way, they can stay true to themselves, I think. When they get over society's categorizations, it becomes about who they truly are rather than who they're trying to impress or what rules they think they need to follow. But, yeah. So I'm sad that the people in the "negative" category will now shun me as changing over to the "positive" side. They will congratulate me, but I know that they resent me deep inside. And I want them to realize that it's silly. And that I can still totally relate to them. But don't get me wrong, I really like being on the "positive" side. But that doesn't make me hate my "negative" days at all. They are still just as great. Just in a different way.

Man, it's hard to talk about a subject and try to keep it so ambiguous. I just don't feel like being outright today, I guess. So this might not make any sense at all unless you know what I'm talking about. I bet I'll look back later and forget what I was talking about. It's so like me to do something like that. If you know what I'm talking about, then you probably think I'm a silly idiot or something. If you don't know, then you're probably just confused. Sorry about that.

So, Christmas. I love it sooo much. I got a TV. For my room. With a DVD player. Hooolllly Cow. Talk about the most surprising and unexpected gift ever! I mean, wow. Speechless. I like this whole not-asking-for-anything-for-christmas deal. It's a lot of fun. I also got the Napoleon Dynamite DVD. Sweet! It's awesome.. It's... Incredible. Haha. My family really likes it. Especially my mom, which cracks me up. So, yeah.

"nobody even reads your blog anyway." -jill, just now.

No comments: