Sunday, December 19, 2004

better late than never

It seems like I'm always late to places lately. I don't give myself enough time to drive or something. I find myself always being two or three or four minutes late, and it's become a habit. I am consistently late. Kind of ironic, but not really. I think it is all spawned from the fact that I wake up to a digital clock. It skews my judgement of time. I see that it says 6:38, and I round up to 6:40, which then rounds up to 6:45 in my brain, so I give myself less time than there really is. When, on an analog clock, I see that the hand is still towards the bottom, and I can judge my time according to how much the hands have to travel and stuff. It's hard to explain without visual aid. But I'm seriously considering switching to waking up to an analog clock. The only drawback is that they don't usually make analog clock-radios. I really like falling asleep/waking up to music. My ideal waking up mechanism would be an analog clock with a cd player, so I could make a CD for waking up and a CD for falling asleep. So it would have to hold two CDs. Or there would have to be some way that I could program it to wake up on tracks one through, say, seven. And then fall asleep to tracks eight through fourteen. Something like that would be ideal.

So, yeah. back to the fact that I'm always late. I think I just don't want to be early, but then I wait just a couple minutes too long and then I find something I randomly have to do before I leave. Or I am already driving and then remember something I have to go back and get. Or, the ever popular one, I go somewhere and forget to get Jill and Charlotte's bookbags out of my car. I really hate that one. Because it always happens. And it always makes me mad. So, whatever. I'm going to try to gauge my time more wisely. I apologize if you have been the victim of my recent lateness.

No comments: