Monday, March 10, 2003

Ok folks this is funny. On Saturday I had Piano federation, right? So I was a little nervous, but not much, becaus this is my 7th year and i've gotten superiors every year. Ok I go into the room, and the judge looks familiar. Turns out he was the same judge I had last year. Great. So I play my scales and chords and notice that the whole piano is a little higher than all the other pianos I play on. This kinda freaked me out. So I go to start playing and suddenly I can't remember what octave I start on. Great. I play the intro, and then stop. Then I play it again, only an octave lower. Then I stop, realizing that the top octave was right. So this is what I say to the judge: "just warmin up a little". Oh my gosh. Who really says that to the judge after they screw up? I guess just me. But it's all good because I got a superior. I just thought it was funny that I have been playing that dang YELLOW for like 6 months and I mess up on the very beginning. (yellow is the name of the piece). Just ask anybody in my AP Music Theory class, I played that thing to death. Haha, fun times.

No comments: