Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Ah... Spring. The time for those pale and pasty legs that have been hibernating all winter to peek out of their hiding places. Some are more blessed (in the short run) with "tannable" skin. Alas, there are those who aren't. But in the long run, when I'm 40 or something, I will have less wrinkles and healthier skin than those who sit in a cancer box for a while and use tanning as an excuse to basically lay around all summer. Now, I will admit, right now I am jealous of those folks who can tan, because no matter how hard I try, it doesn't work. Last summer at cheerio (represent!) I was out in the sun all the time. The only color (dramatic color, that is) was on my feet, from my birks. Now tell me, is that something to be proud of? I would argue so, but since I only got enough color to neutralize the blue tint on the rest of my body, I couldn't exactly be proud of my birkenstock tan. Maybe this summer I will get sunburnt and the tan that results will stay for a while! Most likely not. But for right now, I sit here in my cutoffs looking down at these pale legs just waiting for the day that they will be an asset. Next time you see me in shorts, break out your sunglasses, folks... they're blinding! er... the legs, that is... not the shorts... I mean... nevermind.

No comments: