Saturday, March 19, 2005

You know what I really want? A messenger bag. Like, a mid-sized denim one with embroidery or a leather one or something that looks kind-of worn out, or at least not new and store-bought. I wish something like that had been in my family for a while so that it would be truly vintage. I have a purse like that (my rainbow one) but it's almost breaking and not big enough to hold a notebook or something. I feel like I'm going to need one this summer and next year at college. I mean, I bet I'll need a real backpack (and yes, I'm referring to them as backbacks again like in the old days) for carrying around various things, but I want something to use on lighter days.

On another note, babysitting for a rocker's kids is really fun. Jerry Chapman's basement is full of way cool stuff. LIke a billion CDs and tapes and records (some autographed, like by the Donnas and stuff) and cool worn out guitars and fun stuff like that. He had a small but high-quality DVD collection. I couldn't choose which movie to watch, but I finally decided on the way depressing "Thirteen."

Missing someone is weird. It's like you wait around to talk to them or hear their voice and then you savor that one little bit of time that you interact with them and then it's gone and you're right back to missing them again. It's augmented in my case by the fact that none of my family is home. Mom's in CA. Dad, Jill, and Char are in Huntersville for a swim meet. Kate is in MA, but hanging out with KJ or something. So I'm stuck at home by myself to watch too much TV and not read Invisible Man. And not practice piano. But it's Spring Break. So I have a little leeway.

If it were spring, I would be outside sleeping or something. In a tent. How fun would that be? It's too cold. Darn it.

No comments: