Friday, March 11, 2005

index card

Flowers make me happy! I carried one around in my nalgene all day today, after the NHS induction ceremony. It smelled good. I drank from the same reservoir of water from which it drank, also. Which is an awardly worded way to say that I drank flower water. Hopefully it wasn't pesticide water. That would be a bummer, seeing as how I would probably die or something. But I trust my faithful flower.

Everyone said that I stole the flower and that I am a bad person. But I didn't really think it was stealing because I bet they just took them from the yard out in front of the gym and I bet they were going to throw them away anyway. Another excuse I used had to do with the fact that I don't think you can really steal a flower. I mean, it's a part of the earth. Mother nature would want us to share. There are flaws in my assumption, of course. Technically, gold and other precious minerals are a part of the earth. Also, as Jacob Martin pointed out, I would become very sad if someone decided to steal my flower from me. Mrs. Hutchinson stated it the most blatently that it was a selfishly kleptomaniacal way of justifying stealing. She didn't use that wording, but whatever. We all had a laugh in Chess Club.

Things associated with spring make me happy. They put me in a good mood. Especially if these things smell good, haha. I wonder if I'm going to be sad when spring is over. Probably not. Because summer is fun too.

Technically, I broke a lot of rules with this daffodil. I'm not allowed to have water, let alone an open bottle, let alone with a stolen flower in it. But I had it open on my desk in Earth Science and it made Ms. Watts smile. That's what they do! They have that affect on people. I mean, Mrs. Martin didn't even stop me in the hall when she saw it. Craziness.

If I were a teacher, I would have a flower on my desk all the time because they are so pretty. Sometimes I think I should get my teaching degree so I can do cool stuff with my room and be a fun teacher. Who knows. I might get to do that kind of stuff when I'm in graduate school. Or maybe I won't go to graduate school and I'll just become a really cool cool teacher who has flowers in nalgenes.

So, today's NHS inductions were fun. I got to speak in front of a lot of people. These people told me I was a good speaker. It made me happy. The bad thing about the ceremony is that Jim Harrell turned it in to an assembly about politics for about 30 minutes. Silly politicians. Goldie and I agreed that even when we like them they always make it about themselves, no matter what they're supposed to be talking about.

It was a good Friday, overall. I'm pumped about this weekend because Shmimmy is coming and the Talent Show is tomorrow and I have to do a crap load of English and Biology stuff. Haha, that's the bad part. But, whatever. It's all goood.

1 comment:

CoCo said...

Don't feel bad about taking a flower. Sara took two from the NHS reception, and put one on my car.