Sunday, May 04, 2003

I just finished reading "The Second Summer of the Sisterhood". It's a sequel to "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". They are both really good books. The only thing is that they all basically have to do with romance. There is a serious lack of that in my life. I don't think there will be any action there this summer either. I mean, I'm going to camp cheerio which is AMAZING but still lacking males my age. I'm going to England and, no offense G & P, but I seriously doubt I'll meet any boys my age. Or any girls my age for that matter. So reading a book like this makes me feel sad. I mean, they get sad because their love interests hurt them and all that jazz, but you know how the story goes: better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I love people in that brotherly/sisterly/parentally/friendly way but thats about it. I don't mind it so much, I mean I've lived 15 years this way so I'm used to it. And they say that High School relationships are worthless. I guess 'they' are right. Still, it doesn't help that I have hormones. I know you don't really care about my hormonal thoughts, but you have every right to leave. Haha. I'm getting all defensive while only talking to myself. Shows you how emotionally unpredictable I am. Actually, it doesn't, I just wanted another point. Oh yeah, and I also watched "Monsoon Wedding" on last night. Quite good, although also involving romance. I can't escape it! And it doesn't help to have a minor song stuck in your head. Whenever I feel depressed, minor songs never help. Right now it is "Clair de Lune". A girl played it at Charlottes piano recital. It's at the end of Ocean's 11. Yeah it has weird resolutions that give the idea of a sad story that has a happy ending, but still a sad story nonetheless. Yeah, next time I feel sad I'll be sure to get a major song in my head. With a lot of perfect authentic cadences. (Too much AP Music Theory... it's invading my thoughts... aaaaaaah!)

No comments: