Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Hey Howdy Hey! We returned from Michigan yesterday. Word to my brother who graduated college! Sorry to say I about fell asleep in the ceremony, though. There were about 900 graduates, and it seemed like they all had Dutch last names. There were some funny last names, I'll admit. One that wasn't really dutch was "Funk" or something. There were a couple of those. I liked those. Too bad they mispronounced my bro's name: William B. Ruffman. The Heck? How do you get ruffman from Refvem. That cracks me up. They say all the Asian and Dutch names to perfection... they even throw in an accent, but then when a Norweigan name comes along... oh no. Can't get that one. A silent "f" isn't so hard to imagine. I think that's a good band name. The Silent "F". Anyways. My most memorable experience of the trip was on the plane. Not the little jet from pittsburg to grand rapids, the big ole skyboat from charlotte to pittsburg and vice versa. It was the safety video. When the guy puts on the life vest and then says you can inflate manually. It cracks Me and Jill and Charlotte up every time. Something about his lips and the way he moves his eyes while doing it. It is hillarious. So the plane is dead silent except for the video, and we are sitting there in anticipation. Then, there it is, and Jill busts out with this extremely loud laugh. So, in turn, I started cracking up. We were in the VERY LAST ROW of the plane, right next to a stewardess (sorry, flight attendant). Dad had to explain to her that we got a kick out of that part. It was great. Fun times. Well I'm off to tidy up the room a bit. See ya later!

No comments: