Friday, September 02, 2005

boy, i'm tired.

Hey, folks! Not a lot has been happening in Emma-land. Just getting adjusted to college life. It takes a while, I think, to get in the groove. I still have to get used to the fact that this is school, but you are supposed to be more social than I normally am at home.

The most exciting thing to happen to me was the sighting of Sean May and Marvin Williams in Kenan Stadium while watching a Football practice that was apparently closed to the public with McKenzie, Jacob, and Dusty. It was fun times, definitely.

Other than that, I've pretty much been anti-social these past two days. I'm so tired and so not used to being social that I don't know what to do with myself. My classes are done by lunch, and then I have the rest of the afternoon to sit around until Dinner, which is when people do things. I feel bad about wasting away the afternoons because I never do anything at night, really.

This week was so long. I feel like I've been here so long, but I still don't really have a set schedule. My classes were just in the beginning stages, so I haven't had to go study. I need to spend some serious time in the Library to feel productive during the day. My butterfly chair isn't conducive to studying. I feel like I'm rushing myself so that I can hurry up and do nothing. I really like my classes; I feel like it is a good variety. I haven't had my freshman seminar or my lab or my recitations yet, though. Once I've had all I'm going to have, I think I'll start to get in the groove.

Also, I haven't really made a ton of new friends right away. I knew that I wouldn't really make new and best friends right away, I just forgot that it took time for it to happen. I've met plenty of people, but I like being with people who know me already, at least a little bit. That's why I like Cheerio and GSW people. I've already passed the odd stage with them.

Despite the exhaustion and the reclusiveness and slight awkwardness that has permeated my college life thus far, I think it's going to be great. I just need to get used to the fact that this isn't a camp that I will leave soon, it's college. It's my new home. I have to go to school and be social all at the same time.

I'll get better at it, I swear.

No comments: