Monday, August 29, 2005

i get overwhelmed easily

Today was a good day. I did mainly nothing all day until it was time to go to the Convocation. I hung out with Megan and Shmimmy until lunch, then with Liles and Erika until I had to go shower. We watched old Laguna Beach and it was fun. Then I connected my own cable and showered and met McKenzie and Dusty at the convocation. It was semi-boring, but also interesting. It was like a reverse graduation. It was kinda cool. I met up with Kaila and Christian, and then hung out with Kaila until Fall Fest.

Fall Fest, while amazingly fun, turned out to be totally overwhelming in the end. I saw so many clubs and got so many free things... it was crazy! I was getting kind of wigged out towards the end, and found Julie from Cheerio and we both went to find Anna down at the field. There, we watched the Carolina Basketball players play volleyball. It was weird seeing them up close, because I will be seeing them in the Dean Dome (hopefully!!) later this year! Anna got a picture with Dean Smith. Craziness. I didn't see Dean. But it was still fun. Then I wandered around for a bit, saw Nan, and then decided to take the P2P so I wouldn't get raped. I wish I'd have just walked.

I forgot my Nalgene in the bus stop hut thingy. This is the 5th Nalgene I've lost. I'm cursed! I wanted to cry. I did let my eyes water, because I was overwhelmed and letting my contacts be re-hydrated (which they badly needed.) But, yeah. I am so sad. I asked Megan if she would look to see if it is still where I left it, but my hopes are not high.

I get so overwhelmed when there are so many people I don't know and I just moved here so there aren't a lot of people I know well, and everywhere I go I meet new people, and I am not in any clubs yet, and I just want to be in YL because I know what to expect. So I am going to go to bed. I made it past midnight-- that's a good sign. I went to bed at 10:30 last night- on my first night of college. It's probably not a good sign, but I was tired! Sheesh.

So, I'm having fun, but I'm ready to have more of a routine.

the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey E...next time maybe you should chain your nalgene to your wrist! Ha...hope today was better...ILY Mom