Wednesday, September 21, 2005

ni hao

Hey guys! I guess it's time for an update on my life, since I haven't been posting very regularly. The reason for this irregularity can be summed up in one word: College. When I'm not sleeping, I'm studying. And when I'm not doing either, I'm hanging out with my friends. It's just how it works. And then when I'm not doing any of those things, I'm wasting time on facebook and not having enough time to organize my thoughts into a coherent blog.

Today's top story: I got a new cell phone! It's glorious-- it flips open, has ringtones, takes pictures, is cheap because of the wonderful school which I attend, has awesome service on campus, and has unlimited minutes when I call people with Cingular, which most of my friends do. It's glorious. I am officially in love with it. It's the first time I've had a new cell phone since my original phone, which was before the flip-phone craze, I guess. So, yeah. That is good news. Super duper. Neato, gang.

In other news, I can speak Chinese. It's fun to know how to do something like that. Like, I can read some characters and speak out loud and say things like "I am an American." "I am not a teacher." Today in class, Li Laoshi made us say funny things. We were repeating our new vocabulary after her, and she'd arrange it to say different things than were in the book. We learned how to say "friend" and "boy" and "girl" and also a possesive pronoun. She started making us say "I don't have a friend." "I don't have a boyfriend." "I don't have a girlfriend." Way to make it more obvious, Li Laoshi. Thanks a lot. Hehe... Oh, teachers.

I also now have 2 nalgenes that I love. I love them a lot. More than life, a little bit. Allthough I do love life a lot right now. I now have a family of nalgenes-- A big pink one (the mommy), a big blue one (the daddy) and a little green one (the baby). Ironically, the baby is the oldest of the bunch. I just added a chaco sticker to my blue nalgene that already has a carolina logo and an apple logo and a sticker of a street sign that looks like it says walking but then has a hula-hoop around the person's waist. I love that one a lot. The blue nalgene looks like a boy. It has boy stickers on it. Except for the hula hoop, but whateva. It has a spot that I need to fill immediately, lest it gets under my skin and annoys me forever. The pink one makes me smile every time I look at it. It is pink with a pink lid and girly stickers-- a flower YL one and a big one that says "PEACE" with hearts and peace signs in the block letters. It also has that nalgene flowery-looking thing on it. The only annoying thing is that I put the PEACE sticker on too low so it crinkles at the bottom, but I think it will survive. Maybe I'll exacto-knife it. Another reason it makes me smile is that I have a yellow smiley-face splashguard. The PEACE sticker is yellow, so it coordinates and makes me happy. The street sign on Mr. Nalgene is also yellow, so the splashguard coordinates there as well. Yayy! Nalgenes make me happy!!!

So, um, yeah. I love hanging out. I love it so much, that I watched Anchorman Friday, Saturday, and Monday, just for fun. Group watchings of that movie are fun. I should have studied for Chinese on Monday night, but I loved the Anchorman proposition more than studying at that point, so I made flashcards simultaneously instead of devoting my full attention to studying. (Don't worry, I was a good student and woke up early to refresh myself with the language before taking the quiz-- and I think I did well on it, too.) So, yeah. I'm going to go watch America's Next Top Model in Liles and Erika's room tonight because I love to hang out with them. And I'm giving myself a break from doing schoolwork. Poo on schoolwork, seriously.

Yay! It's practically the weekend now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ems I just sent you an email so you should reply to that if you want. please. And also I have Cingular, so if you still have my number somewhere feel free to call. As long as it's not first thing in the morning, as I am two hours behind you! Love Kathryn