Thursday, September 29, 2005

someone please save us... us college kids

Ok, so college was making me feel stupid. Chem lab in particular, and a bit of Enst 35, but generally I was feeling like I turned dumb when I came here, seeing as how it was a bigger pond and how I seemed big in a small pond but really am just a normal fish. Well, now I feel better because I kept thinking it was inevitable that I would do poorly at college but I did well on my Chinese and Chemistry tests! I'm not so good at quizzes--in any class--but I sure can handle the tests. When I think about it, Labs were always the worst part of classes in HS, but now it's just like it's concentrated into the Chem Lab that I hate so very much. I don't really hate it, I'm just not good at writing lab reports. So, now I feel better about my ability to be good at school, and I think I'm going to have a good weekend. I won't procrastinate like usual. As my wise middle-school teacher of a sister said, it's better to spread the work out so you have time to stop and smell the roses. Which is true. It's hard to smell roses if you're stuck on a computer doing a chem lab all the time. Honestly.

So, I told myself I wouldn't go home until Fall Break, and I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job of it. A month seems like a pretty long time to wait until then, but if you think about it it's only like 2 more weekends after this one and then the next weekend is fall break! I mean, I do have midterms and all that, but I'll probably survive. I really am glad that I'm not going home, because I need to get settled. If I stay longer than I've ever stayed at a camp, it keeps college from feeling like a bunch of camps all at once, you know? If I go home now, I'll feel like I'm just starting the second half of GSW or something. And I don't want to feel like that. On the other hand, if I keep looking forward to things then I'll forget to be happy about things going on in the present time. Like we have a football game on saturday! If I were only concentrating on fall break, I'd forget to be happy about that. Yay Carolina sporting events!!!

For the record, stress makes my muscles hurt and I have very poor computer posture at this desk with this laptop. So then all my muscles hurt when I have to keep studying on the computer and doing Lab reports. Just for the record.

I'm going to do some homework that isn't due until Monday! shocker!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey e. what's up? sounds like college is fun times. it's good to stop and smell the roses, but i learned the hard way that you have to do other things too. and certain roses are better left unsmelt.

have you written any poems lately? i'd like to read them if you have.

ttfn.