Monday, August 23, 2004

I hate homework so much. But not as much as pop quizzes.

Bod got mad at us because we didn't "take advantage" of our study day last week so he gave us a pop quiz today. I missed at least 6. They are 4.5 points each. That means I'm maxing out at a 73. I think that's a quiz grade. Maybe he will give me extra credit because I was very specific on the nucleotides. I probably missed way more. Whatever. Maybe he will not count it. I don't feel bad, because I went to Windy Gap, I had Calculus and English homework as well, and we're not having our test for a long while, so why should I study when I have so much else to do? Oh my. So basically Bodnar wasted another class period with giving us that gross quiz and telling us about the labs we are going to do. I don't like him when he does stuff like that.

Today in Spanish, like every other day, we didn't do a lot of stuff. We kinda chilled out until the last 15 minutes of class where he gave us a mini review on past tense and then gave us homework to write a paragraph in past tense. What the heck!? We totally could have done that as classwork. Teachers need to realize that they should utilize the time we already have devoted to that class wisely. Basically, I am going to school all of my waking hours. I have to go to 7 hours of school in the classroom and then I have to come home and do almost 3 hours of school in my room. Holy cow! I kinda understand the advanced classes like Calculus and English because they have to fit a ton of stuff in before the AP Exam. But Spanish? That really annoys me. Tonight, I have homework in every single class. That has never happened to me before. It is pretty much ridiculous.

I guess that I'm trying to say that my academic day sucked today. It sucked a lot.

No comments: