Saturday, February 14, 2004

Yay for our Quiz Bowl Team!!! We won, for the 3rd year in a row. It was a fun day. After taking about 7 questions of a reading check in English, we got to go on a bus (that smelled like football players) to the AGP. The questions were really great. There was even one about blogs!!! 'what is the term for an online journal?' Sarah, Brad, and I totally had that one covered. During the refreshment break, Sarah and I talked to a guy she knew from Governer's school and some of his friends, one of whom recognized me from band. It was fun times. I got to be on the panel for the middle round, missing my hecka easy individual question on alternating current. It was swimming around in my brain, but it just didn't come together in 10 seconds. Then we got the best set of questions ever for the final round. They (Brad, Johnathan, Sarah, and Holden) collectively knew most of the answers. It was great fun. After the competition and the tons of pictures, we were waiting for the bus where we had a great conversation on the difference between geeks and nerds. I think we concluded that geeks know the difference between geeks and nerds, and nerds didn't. Oh the conversations of a Quiz Bowl team. So now we will advance to the District Competition, to be held also at the AGP on March 20th. I'm excited. Anyway, so now I'm gonna babysit. On Valentines Day. How romantic. Hasta luego.

No comments: