Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Jeans are funny kinds of things. Back when I was about 7 till I was about 11 I never wore jeans. ever. I went through a "white phase" where I wore all white. A typical outfit would be white Keds, white socks, white stretch pants, a white turtle neck, and a white headband. It cracks me up. I hated jeans. Despised them. Swore I would never wear them. When I was 12, I had a slight identity crisis and never dressed up. Ok, I dressed up once, but it was stirrup stretch pants with cool (at least I thougth they were cool at the time) platform-ish shoes, an old navy sweater with a striped turtle neck underneath. Hah. Every other day I wore sweatpants and sweatshirts with turtlenecks and a scrunchie in my hair. And keds.

In 7th grade, I graduated to nike shoes and "flare" jeans. It was crazy. It just so happened that 7th grade was my extreme growing year, and the cute jeans soon became high waters. Me not being the fashion savvy chick I am today, I never noticed. Great. In 8th Grade I discovered looser jeans. There's not so much to talk about there. 8th grade was weird for me a little bit. Kinda fuzzy. Right, back to business.

I first fell in love with a pair of jeans in 9th grade. Kate passed them down to me. I still think of them fondly. They fit me so well, and I felt so nice when I wore them. Then, tragedy struck- in the form of a humongus hole right below the left-back pocket. I had to retire them. The rip was too high up to make them into shorts, and they were becoming a tad small.

The next pair of jeans I fell in love with was in 10th grade. They were Kate's also. I'm wearing them right now. There are some small holes, that I have just discovered are getting bigger. The only problem with that is that the holes I wear into my jeans are never in cool places, like the knees. They are in places like the butt and on the belt loops and akward places like that. The holes are getting bigger, and it is time for me to move on. Don't get me wrong, I wear other jeans, these just make me feel the best.

I'm excited about this next pair of jeans I'm going to adopt. Yet again, they are from Kate. They are really long and fit really nicely and make my legs look long and skinny. The only problem is that they have stains on the knees. Stain stains. Stains from stain. Kate stained a deck in them at Bear Trap. Anyway, I've worn them, and I like them a lot. A lot a lot. I'm looking forward to the time I will spend with them.

I never knew I could write so much about jeans. Whaddya know. Fun times.

No comments: