Monday, July 21, 2003

Why hello there! On the menu for today's blog will be an appetizer of random sillyness, a main dish of fun times, and a dessert of savory funnyness. A good, balanced 3 course meal. Actually, I shall tell you of today's events. First I woke up, then went back to sleep. That is the best part about summer and being in a foreign country. If all other excuses fail, I can chalk it up to jet lag. It is the greatest to wake up and realize you have like 2 more hours of sleep. I love it. Anyways, after breakfast and a shower we ventured out to a villiage called Cromer, where we viewed the Lifeboat. Quite impressive. Then we went to Blickley (not sure on the spelling) where we saw a really big mansion and ate in a pub. I love pubs. Except they are based really on alcohol, which I am not legally able to drink. After that we came back here and played rummikub for a while. Then we went to see my grandma's cousin's husband's grave. It seems like he is more closely related to us than that though. It's all just names. We also saw my grandma's aunt's grave (my grandma's cousin's mom's) along with it. While we were there we took a peek in the church where they were practicing bell ringing. Now this is not your typical Methodist Women's Handbells, but big church bells. Jill, Charlotte, and I got to ring them! The men were very impressed that we were from North Carolina. I think one man even asked if NC was in Virginia or vice versa. A rather small man assisted us with the ringing. He had to get on a box to be able to help with my rope. It was great. Then we heard them ring a song. That's something you don't normally do every day. Actually, it's something you probably will never do, come to think of it. So we had a lovely day agian. I finished Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy today (the second time I've read it) I need to read The Restaurant at the End of the Universe sometime soon. Those books are great fun. The question and answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything is, according to the mice,: Q: "How many roads must a man walk down" A: "42". Quite fun. Go have a read, it's great. Alright then, adios!

No comments: